Great idea!

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
xDoogiex

by xDoogiex » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

That sounds like an amazing idea!! Like climbers telling stories at a campfire and a great way to connect and network with great people from all around the world

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 pm

The new PNP

Say, didn't some guy just set that up somewhere? Sounds like a great idea!

dskoon

by dskoon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Excellent idea!
We could set it up with some boundaries, of course, and if anyone were to break those boundaries, then there would, of course, be consequences, yes?
Campfire talk! About each other's lives, the world, etc.
Let's get a petition going!

We could set it up kind of like these guys did over at CC. There's seems to run fairly consistently without any problems(that I know of).

Cascadeclimbers:

Spray (2 viewing)
If it's not climbing related this is where you post it. Be warned this forum is not for the thin skinned.
Last edited by dskoon on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Zastoupil

by Mike Zastoupil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Iwantpnpback wrote:http://www.petitiononline.com/PnponSP/petition.html

just signed +2

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Guys I realize you miss P and P, but we're done.

xDoogiex

by xDoogiex » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:23 pm

What if you ask for permission to join and only then you can post in it?

dskoon

by dskoon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 pm

I posted this over in the Pnp thread, but thought I'd add it here as well.
For what it's worth. . .

Posted: 01 min ago; Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm GMT

It sure seems that with all of the smart(though not necessarily at times, mature :wink: )people on this site, including our elves, that we should be able to come up with a solution. I hate to keep bringing this site into our mix, but, seems like the good folks over at
CascadeClimbers.com have it worked out. It appears they work together to moderate and tinker with their forums.
Maybe someone(me?)email the moderators over there and find out just how well it works. I could be delusional on this.

Here's an example of their social conversational forums that are apart from their climbing stuff. Maybe some of us could use a "counseling corner!"

Spray
Forums Threads Posts Last Post
Spray (4 viewing)
If it's not climbing related this is where you post it. Be warned this forum is not for the thin skinned.
Moderator: Feck
18849 396576
Re: Palin on FOX

Bacon
The all new BACON forum! Previously the pirate forum. Now its ALL BACON, ALL THE TIME.
Moderator: JayB, minx, Off_White
119 1402
Re: Bacon - Meat Perfectio...
(mkporwit) - 01/11/10 10:58 AM
Counseling Corner
Formerly Cafe Sensitivo, Counseling Corner is a forum for working out your issues, seek well mannered advice on your personal problems, or gush about what you love in life. And please, keep on minding your manners and keeping it breezy!

WouterB

by WouterB » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I hope we can get it back one day, but won't sign a petition until there's a decent solution for all the problems that there were. The best one I can think of is set some grounds rules and be prepared to follow those up.

mrh

by mrh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Iwantpnpback wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:The new PNP

But that's like living on the southpole while having a campfire on the northpole?
Why don't we all be friends and just have the campfire on the southpole (and please no, don't mention GW)

We have to meet on the South Pole. Al Gore says there will be no ice left on the North Pole. :lol:

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 pm

mrh wrote:
Iwantpnpback wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:The new PNP

But that's like living on the southpole while having a campfire on the northpole?
Why don't we all be friends and just have the campfire on the southpole (and please no, don't mention GW)

We have to meet on the South Pole. Al Gore says there will be no ice left on the North Pole. :lol:

We'll just start a GW forum, how's that sound? :lol:

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Iwantpnpback wrote:
Dave K wrote:Guys I realize you miss P and P, but we're done.

But is there no way to talk? Like a seperated part on the forum IF we find a new extra moderator who has only moderating skills in the PnP forum?

Nobody has to see our games, no elve has to do a thing for pnp ...

The other forums will suck up all your attention now probably and we offer a solution if there is any way to talk about it. Now you guys/girls ??? are just saying "no". There's no space to talk ...

Of course, talk all you want!

But we're done. We're taking a long break. We think the solution is to get rid of it. We've mentioned many times how it is unworkable from a management perspective, but we also believe that P and P is part of a larger problem.

I wish you the best of luck in your new forum and I'll pray nightly for you, even though I'm an athiest. :lol:

no avatar
Husker

by Husker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:16 pm

One group hug forum won't do, some people just don't belong in the same room together. some people smell. :shock:

Next

Return to Site Feedback