grouping the Veneto Prealps

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Gabriele Roth

grouping the Veneto Prealps

by Gabriele Roth » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 pm

I can see some little confusion about grouping this wide range ...
using geographic criteria they should be, from West to East :
<li>Monti Lessini - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Vallorsa and the Val d'Agno
<li>Pasubio - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Val d'Agno and the Val d'Astico
<li>Sette Comuni (Asiago) - bordered by the Val d'Astico, the Valsugana, and the valley of river Brenta
<li>Monte Grappa - between the Brenta and the Piave rivers, and the Cismon valley
<li>Vette Feltrine - between the Piave river, the Cismon valley and the road from Primero to Agordo

using hiking and climbing criteria there is, joining the N part of Lessini and the S of Pasubio, the Piccole Dolomiti group

no avatar
lorenzo t

Re: grouping the Veneto Prealps

by lorenzo t » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:00 pm

It's all right. You know this area better of us.

Gabriele Roth

by Gabriele Roth » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:04 pm

I'be been a reserve officer in Mountain artillery in Bassano :)
... and, of course, I've climbed some rocky routes in Piccole Dolomiti :))

... I forgot ... I've made a summer and a winter cross of the area with mules and cannons :)

no avatar
lorenzo t

by lorenzo t » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Sisilla, Baffelan, Primo Apostolo, Soji Rossi, Vaio Camosci, Colori, Ponte....

tiziana

by tiziana » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:03 pm

praticamente molti gruppi del Trentino orientale sono ancora ASSENTI qui IN SP.!!!!!!

MONTI LESSINI ( ASSENTE)
PICCOLE DOLOMITI (ASSENTE)
PASUBIO - COLSANTO
FINONCHIO E MONTE MAGGIO (ASSENTE)
ALTOPIANO DI LAVARONE E VEZZENA (ASSENTE)
CIMA DODICI - ORTIGARA
LAGORAI
CIMA D'ASTA
SILANA - MONTE MEZZA- LEFRE AGARO- COPPOLO
VIGOLANA ( ASSENTE)

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:41 am

gabriele.roth wrote:I can see some little confusion about grouping this wide range ...
using geographic criteria they should be, from West to East :
<li>Monti Lessini - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Vallorsa and the Val d'Agno
<li>Pasubio - bordered by the Val Lagarina (Adige river), the Val d'Agno and the Val d'Astico
<li>Sette Comuni (Asiago) - bordered by the Val d'Astico, the Valsugana, and the valley of river Brenta
<li>Monte Grappa - between the Brenta and the Piave rivers, and the Cismon valley
<li>Vette Feltrine - between the Piave river, the Cismon valley and the road from Primero to Agordo

using hiking and climbing criteria there is, joining the N part of Lessini and the S of Pasubio, the Piccole Dolomiti group

We need somebody to take this group. Of course Gabriele or Tiziana would be the best choice, perhaps you have some other ideas. May be they both can start and include others who know the area. Now more than one can edit a page :D

Regarding groups I think that Gabriele's first post gives a clear and right picture.

And one more opinion. Now, when it's clear that such a page is the Area/Region object, we can easily omit that silly word: GROUP. So the name should be only: Dolomites, Carnic Alps, Prealpi Veneti etc. Agree?

Gabriele Roth

by Gabriele Roth » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:56 am

Vid Pogachnik wrote:We need somebody to take this group. Of course Gabriele or Tiziana would be the best choice, perhaps you have some other ideas. May be they both can start and include others who know the area. Now more than one can edit a page :D
Regarding groups I think that Gabriele's first post gives a clear and right picture.

And one more opinion. Now, when it's clear that such a page is the Area/Region object, we can easily omit that silly word: GROUP. So the name should be only: Dolomites, Carnic Alps, Prealpi Veneti etc. Agree?

Someone here knows those mountains better than me I think (LorenzoT for example)

as about omitting the word GROUP I totally agree

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:10 am

gabriele.roth wrote:Someone here knows those mountains better than me I think (LorenzoT for example)

Well, Lorenzo can start writing. Even in Italian. And he can make you and Tiz as editors - to help him with English. So, he will move from the pleasure of posting great pictures to some writing. :wink:

Return to Europe