Hercegovina - mountains

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
ris

Hercegovina - mountains

by ris » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

I am planning a 4-7 day trip in May to Bosnia and Hercegovina, southeast from Sarajevo - I would like to see Sutjeska, Zelengora, Prenj, Velez, ?vrsnica mountains and similar. By my own car, with a family. I know that mountains there are beautiful, but I don't know which roads to take if I want to see the best sceneries. I will take my bicycle with me for short MTB trips, for example to Trnovacko lake, but I would like to access the beautiful sceneries by car too, as my wife and two small kids can't walk for three hours... Any interesting mountain passes?

I have in mind, for example, as I am looking the map, the road over Zelengora, starting in ?emerno, or the road from Nevesinje over Velez, road to Blidinj jezero. But this is guessing. Which roads offer the best scenery, reach relatively high altitude and are suitable for a normal car?

Can I drive with my car from Tjentiste to Dragos sedlo? (necessary guides/fees?)
I will be very happy If I get any information.

Return to Europe