i lived in ch for 3 years

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
noah

i lived in ch for 3 years

by noah » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 am

I lived in CH for 3 years and had an amazing time(traveled heaps .. climbed heaps), i was at the other end of the lake check out my page and you'll see the view i had..but your question i spent most of my time with other expats but did have a few good swiss friends... they are hard to get to know but once you do you could not ask for more, the general public are polite. you'll run into many very strange rules / laws don't worry the swiss will tell you that your doing the wrong thing LOL. Make sure that you look into the money side it's v expensive to live, I left bit over 3 years ago and i would have said then if (in your case wife and a child) your on less the 100-120k swiss (mind you i left the country with over 100kg of sporting equipment...so i may have over spent.....no)you will not really enjoy what the country has to offer (note a person working the check out at a super market was said to be on 40k). buy your climbing gear in france. Lots of companies (most the global ones) us expats and will give you a package including things like flights home, house, car, schooling etc. if i was you i'd make sure that you had a 3 month review on anything you take so if your having trouble you can ask for more (without that good luck... the swiss do not like change..if your contract says z till 2010 it's z till 2010).
Sorry i've talked a lot about money but you'll find in CH that's what is about...
P.s i spoke a bit of french but mainly used english but you will need some

noah

by noah » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:26 am

this was in reply to jfoxs topic posted it wrong... damn "new" s/p

Return to Europe