I'm looking for AT Brakes (for Fritschi Bindings)

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
eliassegovia

I'm looking for AT Brakes (for Fritschi Bindings)

by eliassegovia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 am

Hello,

I'm ooking for the brakes for the Fritschi Bindings Titanal (the white ones.) Cannot find them at stores as they do not make them anymore.

PM please! Elías

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Do you have to have brakes or can you jerry-rig leashes? That's what I had on mine. At least with a leash if you take a spill the ski stays with you.

http://www.thefind.com/sports/browse-diamir-ski-leash

Maybe also post over at Teton Gravity in their forums.

Or check out this link:

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Black+Diamond/idesc/Fritschi+Diamir+Brakes/Store/MG/item/102357/N/1066

Also give Black Diamond a call. They might have something lying around in their shop.

eliassegovia

by eliassegovia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Martha,

Thanks for the links and tips. I do not have the brakes, but I want to buy them. I´m not a big fan of leashes, as in the case of being caught in avalanche, I do not want the skies to be attached to me at all!! The thinng is that my bindings are the Titanal, and the new manufactured brakes only work for bindings 2004 and newer.

Thanks!

GravityPilot

by GravityPilot » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Call Wilderness Sports in Dillon. Talk to Josh or Eric, they may have a way to help you out, or have brakes. 970-468-5687.

Return to Gear