Liberty Bell Route conditions

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
Norman

Liberty Bell Route conditions

by Norman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Climbed Liberty Bell Friday with usual suspects on the Becky Route. Snow from Road to notch which made start tricky in rock shoes. Chimney full of ice, went outside for first time and rest of route clear of snow. Down climb to rap stations had some snow, but shelves at each was dry rock. Used ice axe and crampons to notch, really icy. Descent was soft snow. Can do trip report with pics, but is there a need? Great trip on a cool sunny day. Had the route to ourselves.
Last edited by Norman on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank Norman for this post
Fred Spicker

Matt Lemke

Re: Liberty Bell

by Matt Lemke » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:17 pm

I believe a post like this is best done as a climber log on the Liberty Bell Page....or make a photo album with a brief description rather than in the forum but someone correct me if I am wrong.

Liberty Bell is a fun climb. The conditions you had are much different that what I had in early May this year! Nice work

Fred Spicker

by Fred Spicker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for the conditions update.

I think that a post like this is just fine under the appropriate region - SP does not have a conditions update forum and most people do not check summit logs for current conditions.

The only thing you might change is the title of the post to better reflect what it is about.

Is the Blue Lake parking area plowed out?

Norman

by Norman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Parking lot is covered with several feet of snow...parking along highway ..

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)