Mt Hood - help identify rock feature

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.
no avatar
wanderer2022

Mt Hood - help identify rock feature

by wanderer2022 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 pm

As a gift, I received a vintage photo from 1937 of Mt Hood which I am trying to identify for my own personal satsifaction. I have never visited the peak and have no personal knowledge of what I am looking at other than comparing it to images on the Internet. The attached image appears to show the south side, facing in a westerly direction - my best guess. I would like to identify the rock feature to the right of my ink pen which I laid on the photo to help me orient the picture (I also put in the pen in case it was copyrighted since it came from a photo shop in OR). I have no other information except what is written on the photo at the bottom. For what is worth, I couldn't tell if I was looking at Crater Rock, Castle Crags or another feature. Any information the members could offer would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has a comment on the comparative extent/size of the glacier(s) depicted between today and 1937 that would be interesting. As a complete novice, I can't tell if the climbers in the foreground are on a glacier or just a snowfield. Thanks so much. Steven
Attachments
Mt Hood Above the Clouds 1937.jpg
Mt Hood Above the Clouds 1937.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

Return to US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)