Need boots

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Alex Hiker

Re: Need boots

by Alex Hiker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:35 am

pearson wrote:This is really stupid. I am at a hotel in Albuquerque on my way to Puebla to climb Izta and Pico. I just realized I left my boots at home which is 2 hours away. I'm climbing Izta on Thursday AM and Pico on Saturday AM. I think I can get by with my low top climbing shoes on Izta because we'll probably just go to the stomach and stop. (i.e. we'll stay off the glacier). But I really want to go to summit pico and I'll need boots for sure. I'm hoping my girlfriend can ship them to me. Anybody got any ideas on acquiring reasonable leather climbing boots in Puebla/Serdan/Tlachichuca that won't cost an arm and a leg?
I have been on Izta last March. Stomach glacier is very easy, it is almost horizontal, deepest crevasses are probably 1-2 feet deep, just a lot of small penitientes. The trail after stomach is not steep at all, so you probably don't need your boots to summit Izta.

tomastx

by tomastx » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:56 am

Honestly i don't think its worth buying new boots, just use what you have. They should do fine. Just hope u have extra socks and are using liners/wool socks. It was in the 20's when i was there.

Enjoy.

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean