Newbie tent question

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
absinthe52

by absinthe52 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 am

This will be for my wife and I, i'd like a little extra room, wouldn't mind the xtra weight if I could get a little more comfort...Ill check the fitzroy...

absinthe52

by absinthe52 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 am

Ill check out the fitzroy....it'll be only me and my wife, but I figure for some Ex's, 3 person might be better. All I know is I am totally stoked to start this new venture in my life...any experience with Grivel axe's? looking at the air tech type for myself and a BD for the wife...G12s for crampons is my next purchase...maybe...anyone know about austrialpin axe's?

divnamite

by divnamite » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 pm

I only know EV3/Trango 3 on your list. EV3 has a tiny vestibule that's pretty much useless. Since you don't mind a bit more weight, Trango 3 is good. If it's just for you and your wife, I think Trango 2 actually fit your bill pretty good (depending on the sizes of the two persons). Trango 3 weights about 1.5 pound more than Trango 2, but T3 takes a lot more room. I suggest go to a shop and see for yourself.

absinthe52

by absinthe52 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 am

My buddy with whom Im beginning this new adventure in life, is set on a marmut Thor. Any thoughts on how that compares with the ones mentioned above?
Thanks,
Matt

Bootboy

by Bootboy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:53 am

I think Grivel axes are by FAR the best looking (air tech racing) and think they are great functionally as well. The problem is though that some of them are getting really hard to find in the popular lengths because Grivel has withdrawn from the North American market. That being said, if you want one, there's no time to waste.
G12's are awesome crampons and are about as versatile as they come.

cheers, Boots

Previous

Return to Gear