It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Find climbing partners in Asia.

Island Peak - Imja Tse - October 23rd, 2017

Anyone interested PM me for details. We are starting from Kathmandu that day. 3 of us going would like to have 6 or 8 for in the group. Tea houses and lodges on the way up to Dingboche the tents on the mountain. Hopefully we can score an extra day in Namche or Kathmandu.
Read more : Island Peak - Imja Tse - October 23rd, 2017 | Views : 4758 | Replies : 1

Kyajo Ri, Nepal, Oct 2017 - looking for partners

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to the climbing peak Kyajo Ri in early Oct this year. Have trekked Kanchenjunga N/S base camp in eastern Nepal, and in China & Taiwan. Likely 18 days total in Nepal as we'll take the shorter route via Thame to base camp. Have contacted a few guides already. If you're interested in joining pls PM me and we can chat.

Ben (based in Hong Kong)

More info on Kyajo Ri: ...
Read more : Kyajo Ri, Nepal, Oct 2017 - looking for partners | Views : 3949 | Replies : 0

Damavand Summer 2017

I've recently gained some interest in doing Damavand sometime this year, ideally in the July-September window. If anybody has any similar plans, let me know. I'm keen on the idea of doing it solo, but I figured if there are people going may as well reach out. Thanks!
Read more : Damavand Summer 2017 | Views : 4492 | Replies : 1

Looking for a partner: Lenin Peak (Summer 2017)

Hello,
I would like to climb the Lenin Peak in Kirghizistan next Summer. To be more free, I don't want to do it with an agency (or maybe only the mini pack with food and tents).
So I'm looking for a partner to try this exciting project. For the dates I would be free between 10th of June and 15th of July. I think that if we take 3 weeks for the expedition it would ...
Read more : Looking for a partner: Lenin Peak (Summer 2017) | Views : 3836 | Replies : 0

Broad peak from China

Hello folks,

Seems like I won't be able to climb Broad Peak from Pakistan. See thread here: broad-peak-permit-issues-for-people-of-indian-origin-t81618.html

Climbing from China is a possibility. An expedition in 1992 climbed the central summit but not the main summit from China. So if someone joins me this will be a first summit. It is a lot harder than from the Pakistan side but would definitely be an adventure.

It would not ...
Read more : Broad peak from China | Views : 5549 | Replies : 1

Makalu spring 2017

I'll be attempting Makalu in spring 2017 - looking for partner(s).
Was on Makalu in spring 2015 - climbing cancelled due to earthquake.
Was on Makalu again in spring 2016 - horrendous weather - no summit.
I've summitted Manaslu & Cholatse (2014) - in addition to a number of other peaks in the 6Km to 7Km range (Himalaya & Karakorum).
Have climbed for 35 odd years - much of it in alpine settings - some ...
Read more : Makalu spring 2017 | Views : 6714 | Replies : 1

Broad Peak Summer 2017

This is a continuation of the Dhualagiri thread.

My partner and I have decided to attempt Broad Peak next summer, 2017. Right now we are only 2 and looking to bring down the cost of the permit. The permit and liaison officer together is $8600 or so (this is totally separate from logistics).

We are open to potential additional partners or to other teams who want to share a permit. Contact for more information about ...
Read more : Broad Peak Summer 2017 | Views : 10099 | Replies : 9

The Karakoram - Concordia Summer 2018

We're researching possible treks for Summer 2018 to The Karakoram area

We're looking at staring in Askole and taking the route along Baltoro Glacier towards Austen Goodwin Glacier and possibly exiting the area via the Hushe Valley. We have 2 main aims:

1) Get a view of K2
2) Climb a peak 6200 - 6500m. Ideally a PD or possibly AD.

We have been suggested Pastore Peak and Kharut Pyramid.

Has anyone travelled to this ...
Read more : The Karakoram - Concordia Summer 2018 | Views : 4987 | Replies : 1

Questions for Dhualagiri Spring 2017

Hello all,

My partner and I are looking at attempting the standard route on Dhaulagiri this spring. We have heard from many sources that the monsoon comes early to the Annapurna region and have seen teams go earlier to that region, eyeing a late April early May summit window. All commercial trips seem to still be Mid April thru all of May though. I have a commitment in the USA on May 19th and was ...
Read more : Questions for Dhualagiri Spring 2017 | Views : 11738 | Replies : 13

Mera Peak - Nepal November 2016

Hi everyone,

I am looking to climb Mera Peak in November of 2016 starting the 27th of Nov to the 12th of Dec.
I have been talking to a few companies and they quoted me for $1675 per person with everything included starting from the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu.

The dates are strict since I will be finishing up a project I am doing in Nepal prior to starting the ...
Read more : Mera Peak - Nepal November 2016 | Views : 4390 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136425