It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:19 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

India in December

I will be in Mumbai in December for work and would love to visit the foot hills of the Himalayas. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go that time of year? I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to go too high in elevation due to snow but if there are any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Read more : India in December | Views : 4379 | Replies : 2

Guide/Porter required for Pakistans restricted zones

I'm planning to go to the Karakorums for six months in 2017 (June - November) It's my intention to go to the mountains one week out of each month. I wish to hike on the Charakusa, Baltoro, Biafo and Gondogoro glaciers. None of these treks require climbing, they are of course in restricted zones, so it is my understanding that I need a guide. Unfortunately nobody seems interested in taking one person to the mountains ...
Read more : Guide/Porter required for Pakistans restricted zones | Views : 5339 | Replies : 3

Please Help! URGENT!

Good evening fellow mountaineers!
So, myself and two others have planned a trek from Gangotri through kalindi khal and across to badrinath. We have everything organised and paid for, mountain guide, several sherpas and a cook. The only issue is that for the permit we have been told that we must be in 4 and there is only 3 of us 'foreigners'.
So this message is a call for ANYONE travelling around this area who ...
Read more : Please Help! URGENT! | Views : 5401 | Replies : 2

Mount Everest News

Mick Allen Interview

British Mount Everest climber Mick Allen has kindly taken time out of his busy schedule to do an interview for 'Mount Everest The British Story'.

Mick Allen Interview
Read more : Mount Everest News | Views : 137480 | Replies : 390

Logistics, Permit etc. North Side Everest

Hi! Can anyone recommend a logistics company for a North side of Everest climb?
Read more : Logistics, Permit etc. North Side Everest | Views : 5094 | Replies : 1

Mount Everest Summit Gallery

Why not take a look at some of the excellent photographs of British climbers on the summit of Mount Everest.

Mount Everest Summit Gallery
Read more : Mount Everest Summit Gallery | Views : 5601 | Replies : 1

New first ascent in Shahdej group

Untitled-Duplicated-01.jpg

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3646.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG
Read more : New first ascent in Shahdej group | Views : 4707 | Replies : 0

Icefalls in Iran

Ice Climbing in Iran ,
IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_20160514_200429.jpg

IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_20160514_200416.jpg

IMG_7102.JPG
Read more : Icefalls in Iran | Views : 6025 | Replies : 3

5000M peak permits Nepal

Are these peaks low enough to be exempt from permitting? I know that permits are required for climbing and trekking peaks but what about lower elevation peaks? Thanks in advance!
Read more : 5000M peak permits Nepal | Views : 4053 | Replies : 1

Iran , Polekhab Climbing area !

_MG_7990.JPG

_MG_8053.JPG

Polekhab , Iran . Karaj to Chalous rd, Km.36 . Polekhab wall .
Read more : Iran , Polekhab Climbing area ! | Views : 3807 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418