It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:14 am

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Is anybody working on adding Nepalese peaks to SP?

Hi,

As I`m currently in the area, I`m trying to gather info on Nepalese peaks. My plan is to add quite a few peaks from the Manang, Annapurna and Langtang / Helambu / Gosainkund regions to SP around February / March.

I don`t want to duplicate efforts, so please let me know if you are working on any of these peaks.

thanks
Michael
Read more : Is anybody working on adding Nepalese peaks to SP? | Views : 1693 | Replies : 6

Why are there so few mountains of Nepal on SP?

Hi,

As I am currently in the area, I have been trying to get info on Nepalese peaks from SP. I was surprised to find that there are only around 30 such peaks in the database.

Why are there so few mountains of Nepal on SP?

Is it some kind of policy / decision I am unaware of? Is it `laziness`? Is it lack of initiative /info?

thanks
Michael
Read more : Why are there so few mountains of Nepal on SP? | Views : 1617 | Replies : 5

May 06

Thinking about a trip late april till 3rd week in may. Any suggestions ?
Read more : May 06 | Views : 925 | Replies : 2

Climbing partners wanted for Laila Peak, Pakistan, summer 20

I'm looking for climbing partner for Laila peak (6200m), which I'm planning to climb in summer 2006. This is considered one of the most beautiful mountains in Pakistan. Drop us a line if you think you might be interested. Lee
Read more : Climbing partners wanted for Laila Peak, Pakistan, summer 20 | Views : 2364 | Replies : 0

Mera peak & Hinku-Hongu-Imja circuit

Hello
I am planning a trek to this area on Oct. 2006 . Start & finish at Lukla .
I would like to have some usefull info in advance.
1. How long takes this kind of trek ?
2. Due to a medicine causes I am totally vegeterian . So , on my treks , usually I have to bring food materials , a stove and buy some fresh things on the way . What ...
Read more : Mera peak & Hinku-Hongu-Imja circuit | Views : 3368 | Replies : 10

High Asia 2006 Calendar Available (with SP member photos)

The Himalaya Research Bulletin, in conjunction with Portland State University and the <a href="http://www.macalester.edu/%7Eguneratne/">Association for Nepal and Himalayan Studies (ANHS)</a>, has produced a 2006 Calendar <a href="http://www.himalayan.pdx.edu/Calendar.htm">Journey to High Asia – Nepal</a>, which is now available for purchase.

At least two SP members have photos in the calendar, <a href="http://www.summitpost.org/mountains/user_link.pl/user_id/23655">grayfolded</a>, and yours truly.

Note that use of the photos was donated, and 100% of the proceeds go to the above mentioned organizations.

Here is the ...
Read more : High Asia 2006 Calendar Available (with SP member photos) | Views : 1592 | Replies : 4

Malaysian cave....

I made a trip to Malaysia during 1998, and spent some time in in the town of Ipoh. A friend and I visited a very large and extensive cave/cavern that was nearby (maybe within an hours' drive of Ipoh), and I am trying to find the name of the cavern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate
Read more : Malaysian cave.... | Views : 1944 | Replies : 3

Shkara and Jhanga/Djangi from Georgia

Hi!

Anybody been to Svanetia and has climbed there? Any info would be appreciated.
We went to Georgia last spring, and are aware of the dangers and complcations that Svanetia involves, in-depth infos would be useful though.

Cheers,
Peter
Read more : Shkara and Jhanga/Djangi from Georgia | Views : 1314 | Replies : 4

Weather atop Agung

I will be going to Bali in mid-November for a wedding and am hoping to climb Agung (3,142 meters). Any idea what sort of temps to expect at the top?

I climbed Japan's Fuji which is of a similar height in mid-summer and found it freezing at the top. Will Agung be warmer as it's on/near the equator or should I expect to bring a thick jacket to this hike as well?

Any info would ...
Read more : Weather atop Agung | Views : 929 | Replies : 5

kooh navardi dar iran

tamame kooh navard ha yek barname bezaran to iran berim kooh
Read more : kooh navardi dar iran | Views : 2088 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495