It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Has anyone ever been to EVERY region of the Sierra?

meaning: that you've personally seen every major canyon and peak that the Sierra has to offer.

high or mid Sierra, your choice, e.g. for as far south, north and west as you want to claim

e.g. I have not even been up thru half of the trailheads on the East Side, so I would not claim to have seen much.
Read more : Has anyone ever been to EVERY region of the Sierra? | Views : 5175 | Replies : 21

Off topic - Bank of Sierra high yield savings

Just thought my fellow mountain bikers would be interested to know about a high yield savings promotion offered by Bank of Sierra for California residents and West Virginia residents only.

http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/201 ... -only.html
Read more : Off topic - Bank of Sierra high yield savings | Views : 650 | Replies : 2

Ritter Pass to Foerster Peak

I am going to the be at Ediza Lake climbing Banner/Ritter later this month and would like to head over Ritter Pass then to Foerster. Anyone know how the route is? Better to take Glacier Pass?
Read more : Ritter Pass to Foerster Peak | Views : 2233 | Replies : 6

Wet Slides

Just a heads up that it will be unusually hot this weekend in the Sierra and that wet slides are a good possibility, especially in couloirs. Maybe someone with more know-how can chime in.
Read more : Wet Slides | Views : 2780 | Replies : 12

Valley/Tuolumne/EastSide Partners needed: June 12-18th

Hey there guys, got a week off in June (12th-18th) and would love to spend it climbing and generally having fun in Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne, and the East Side.

I can lead 5.6/7 and follow .8 in most cases. I have a pretty quick learning curve, and am willing to try harder. Looking to getting after it for the week and maximize climbing time.

If interested in any of the dates, shoot me a PM ...
Read more : Valley/Tuolumne/EastSide Partners needed: June 12-18th | Views : 1126 | Replies : 3

Search & Rescue on Mt San Jacinto ends at lower tram sta

A hiker who started from Humber Park near Idyllwild was lost and descended Chino Canyon to end up at the LOWER tram station the next day :shock:
http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=2303
Read more : Search & Rescue on Mt San Jacinto ends at lower tram sta | Views : 2479 | Replies : 4

Snow Conditions at Cottonwood Lakes(Horseshoe Meadows)

anyone been in this area? not going for another threee weeks, but wanted to get a feel for the conditions.
Read more : Snow Conditions at Cottonwood Lakes(Horseshoe Meadows) | Views : 4001 | Replies : 3

Hike Mt. Whitney vitually

Saw this on another forum...

"Hike" the entire Mount Whitney Main Trail (up) on YouTube!

In 40 video-clips, of 8 to 10 minutes each, you'll be able to watch the entire trail from Whitney Portal Trailhead to the Summit. All are in real (hiking) time (your time may vary) for a total of 6 hours, 11 minutes. The "first person perspective" capture takes on a very realistic virtual hike all the way up to the ...
Read more : Hike Mt. Whitney vitually | Views : 2125 | Replies : 7

Father dies on Matterhorn Peak

Sad news!

He was with his 10 and 15 yr old boys yesterday, attempting to ski a line down Matterhorn Pk.

Apparently the 10 yr old got in a jam and dad tried to help him but fell some 90' trying to help him.

The 15 yr old had to ski down to camp, leaving the dad and brother behind, to get help.

What a nightmare for these two young boys, the Mom, and the ...
Read more : Father dies on Matterhorn Peak | Views : 3370 | Replies : 12

Bishop pass conditions?

Anybody been up Bishop pass lately? I'm thinking of heading up Agassiz in a few days. Bring snowshoes along or can get by without?

Thanks.
Read more : Bishop pass conditions? | Views : 2393 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136425