It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Kearsarge Pass conditions

Has anyone been over Kearsarge Pass or over to Rae Lakes recently? How were the snow conditions, any postholing? Thanks...
Read more : Kearsarge Pass conditions | Views : 6891 | Replies : 11

Split Mountain conditions?

Anyone got info for Split Mountain?

road to trailhead clear of snow?

How far up is the trail clear of snow?

Is the miserable talus all covered up with a nice firm smooth layer of snow?

Anyone else heading up that way memorial day weekend?

Or are there any other decent 13-14ers between lone pine and big pine that might be worth doing with the current snow conditions this weekend? Looking for moderate class 2, ...
Read more : Split Mountain conditions? | Views : 3127 | Replies : 6

Dana Couloir conditions

Anyone know what the Dana Couloir conditions are these days?

Anyone care to venture a guess as to what the route will be like about 10 days from now?

Thanks.
Read more : Dana Couloir conditions | Views : 2196 | Replies : 2

Obelisk - Recommended Routes?

Planning to check it out in about 3 weeks. Any suggestions for route choice? I'm up for anything up to 5.9. I'll be doing it as part of a pre-conditioning program for a month in Europe later in the summer, so I'm looking for something well-protected and not too scary.
Read more : Obelisk - Recommended Routes? | Views : 1731 | Replies : 5

Cactus to Clouds trip report 5/22/10

Here is a trip report with great pictures from Phil Brown. Great Slideshow
http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic. ... 8&start=30

Trip report from the Hike Up group lower down (on page 3)

Snow on Skyline 5/23/10
http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=2278
Read more : Cactus to Clouds trip report 5/22/10 | Views : 932 | Replies : 0

low elevation west side backpacking?

Looking for somewhere to go backpacking this weekend. Somewhere on the West Side, somewhere further north (coming from Bay Area). Are there any decent low elevation (read: snow free this time of year) spots folks can suggest? I was thinking somewhere off Hwy 108 or Hwy 4 or Hwy 88. Any ideas? I'd appreciate it.
Read more : low elevation west side backpacking? | Views : 1726 | Replies : 2

"TOPO! California" software experiences

Hey all,

I've got TOPO! verson 3.4.2 (copyright 2004), and I switched to Win7 OS recently and at first thought I wasn't going to be able to use it anymore. I got a grey screen on 7.5' map layer.

So I bought the newer version copyright 2010 since it was on sale, but haven't opened it because I just got the old version to work.

Is the new version worth it?

Things I dislike immensely ...
Read more : "TOPO! California" software experiences | Views : 1596 | Replies : 6

Kaweah Basin Access

Hey all
I've been working on an itinerary to get into Big Arroyo this July, and I was wondering if there is a way to cross over directly from BA into the Kaweah Basin on the eastern side of the Kaweah ridge? Anyone have experience in the area that might know of a way to get over and back?

Thanks
Read more : Kaweah Basin Access | Views : 1979 | Replies : 3

Pasadena ice

There was an ice wall in Pasadena today for Caltech's Ditch Day!

Rest of pictures with narration
Read more : Pasadena ice | Views : 3495 | Replies : 10

Horseshoe Meadows Road might open on Tuesday (May 25)

If not Tuesday, it sounds like it will be open by Memorial Day Weekend - That's what they are saying at the Interagency Visitors' Center.
Read more : Horseshoe Meadows Road might open on Tuesday (May 25) | Views : 1137 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557948 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136408