It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:48 am

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Tokopah Falls conditions

Has anyone been up there lately?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bill
Read more : Tokopah Falls conditions | Views : 839 | Replies : 2

bear canister - san francisco

i was planning on backpacking the lost coast saturday morning(in like 12 hours), just read that bear canisters are required - is there anyone in town that has one that i could rent or do you know of where i can rent one at this late hour?

thanks!
Read more : bear canister - san francisco | Views : 2169 | Replies : 6

Josh on 2/20?

So, my wife finally took pity on me and I've got a full day off on Sat. 2/20 for some trad climbing. Anyone game? I haven't done much more than bouldering for the past couple of years but could climb 5.9 trad without any great difficulty. Competent trad climbers only please. I'm happy to meet someone out there if it's easier.
Read more : Josh on 2/20? | Views : 509 | Replies : 0

East side trailhead access

Going up this weekend to play in the snow. Does anyone know how far the roads are clear to drive to the trailheads of Whitney, Onion Valley, Glacier lodge, Bishop Creek, Pine Creek, White Mt?
thanks
Read more : East side trailhead access | Views : 2169 | Replies : 3

eagle lake ice--its out there

although with the warm temps coming it may not last long. pics from weds. the 10th

Read more : eagle lake ice--its out there | Views : 904 | Replies : 2

Gorgonio - South Fork Trail Conditions

I am seriously toying with the idea of skinning out to Dollar Couloir and see what happens next......but FIRST I was hoping to get some snow conditions updates from anyone who has been out there in the past week.
It's been pretty damn sunny for a couple of days; fingers are crossed that there is some consolidation.
Read more : Gorgonio - South Fork Trail Conditions | Views : 3553 | Replies : 15

Avoiding snowmobiles. Freel Peak area.

I was considering hiking up to Freel Peak. Is the area around Horse Meadow popular with snowmobiles? I'd rather avoid them if I can.
Thanks. Vlad.
Read more : Avoiding snowmobiles. Freel Peak area. | Views : 1968 | Replies : 5

Remote creek crossing in Kings Canyon.

Just making plans for this summer up in Kings Canyon….
Secor explains that the Middle Fork Trail where it crosses Palisade Creek at the JMT junction (LeConte Canyon) there is no bridge. According to the book, “crossing of the Palisade Creek a hazardous and difficult undertaking.”
Ok well… this of course depends on water levels at that time of the year. Planning for end of July but just wanted to fire this off if anyone ...
Read more : Remote creek crossing in Kings Canyon. | Views : 2402 | Replies : 0

Touring SoCal

Hey, Im a student at UNLV and will have class off for Monday. I was planning on hitting a few parks over the weekend to check out the area. I plan on going to Mojave Preserve for a night, Joshua Tree for a night, and Death Valley for a night. Making a loop back to Vegas.

Any advice on some good hikes in these areas? Also, I was wanting to get some bouldering in while ...
Read more : Touring SoCal | Views : 1508 | Replies : 3

Falling Rock Canyon conditions?

Does anyone have any input on conditions on that route or any info in general? I'm wondering if it's prone to avalanches, especially with all the recent snow?

I'm talking about the one starting out of Icehouse Canyon up Sugarloaf Peak.

Thx!!
Read more : Falling Rock Canyon conditions? | Views : 820 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558006 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136532