It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 pm

News News of California

Site map of California » Forum : California

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.

Anyone from Redding/Red Bluff, CA?

If you are, take a look to the west. How are the mountains south of the 36 looking?
See much snow?
I'm talking about the Yolla Bollys.
Read more : Anyone from Redding/Red Bluff, CA? | Views : 2418 | Replies : 7

Should I move to Vancouver?

So I received a job offer last week that would entail a move to sunny (ha!) Vancouver. I don't generally make any life decisions without first searching the SP forums, but in all the location pissing contests on ethics spray and slander there wasn't a thread comparing Santa Cruz to Vancouver. So here I am in the completely unbiased California forum.

What should I do? I have recently gotten hooked on rock and ice climbing. ...
Read more : Should I move to Vancouver? | Views : 9673 | Replies : 32

Crescent Meadow/Wolverton

Anybody know if Crescent Meadow is open in winter? I was reading the NPS site and it says that it is closed when there's snow. Does that mean that they stop plowing the road with 1st snow? Also, if not, what's the best way to get from Wolverton to the High Sierra Trail heading to the Big Arroyo?
Read more : Crescent Meadow/Wolverton | Views : 3875 | Replies : 24

Year round campgrounds?

I'm looking if anyone could provide me with any resources or advice on a good year round campground relatively near Lee Vining? I did a search but couldn't find much help. Thanks.
Read more : Year round campgrounds? | Views : 5388 | Replies : 18

NOCAL Coastal Conditions

Cheers,

I am taking a greyhound bus to Arcata, CA tomorrow morning to hoof it around the coast for a while before next semester. I thought I would check in with the local report before I leave. I am planning on some costal hiking, with brief forays into Redwoods Nat'l Park, Trinidad/College Cove, The Lost Coast/King's Range, Shelter Cove. Looking to do some road walking too, from town to town if that's feasible (as the ...
Read more : NOCAL Coastal Conditions | Views : 1524 | Replies : 3

Current Eastern Sierra Condtions

Anyone have any recent pictures of the eastern Sierra, particularly Lone Pine Peak?
Read more : Current Eastern Sierra Condtions | Views : 2443 | Replies : 2

casaval ridge this week?

Casaval this week? My partner flaked. I'd like to leave tuesday and do a 2 (or 3) day trip maybe summit new years morning!? If no takers I'm down for ice at lee vining/whatever.I have the whole week off. I want to get out before I have to start work. Pm me
Read more : casaval ridge this week? | Views : 2505 | Replies : 6

shasta, mt morrison, mt whitney backcountry skiing

anyone have recent conditions on shasta for:

1: climbing casaval ridge.... is there good snow coverage? or icy? etc?

and

2: backcountry skiing avy gulch...is the snow hard, icy, etc from avy gulch back to the bunny flats parking lot.

thinking about drivng up there possibly next week for some of both...

anyone have (relatively) current snow conditions for skiing the gullies behind mt morrison and mt whitneys upper boyscout lake? how about MR gully ...
Read more : shasta, mt morrison, mt whitney backcountry skiing | Views : 4096 | Replies : 6

Mt. Baldy rescue: 12/23

On Wednesday, ten of us had a great time climbing Mt. Baldy. On the way down, we came upon a climber who had just tumbled down the bowl. Though she was seriously injured, she is recovering. Here is my trip report.
Read more : Mt. Baldy rescue: 12/23 | Views : 7417 | Replies : 21

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557970 • Total topics 55838 • Total members 136459