It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:56 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Denali Speed Record

Does anybody know the speed ascent record for Denali?
Read more : Denali Speed Record | Views : 15197 | Replies : 24

Calgary/Canmore Area Climbers

Hi Everyone

I just moved to Calgary from Vancouver Island, and am looking for partner(s).

I am a new trad climber (climbed a bit in Squamish, as part of a trad leading and multipitch course) and would love to get out and do some single or multipitch climbs in the area. I have little trad leading experience, so would LOVE to find a competent leader, so I can second, and possible switching leads on easier ...
Read more : Calgary/Canmore Area Climbers | Views : 10214 | Replies : 9

Bugaboo Spire

Anyone now the current conditions on this mountain. I would like to go in this weekend, the weather looks ok.
Thank you.
Read more : Bugaboo Spire | Views : 2542 | Replies : 3

FOR SALE:NEW 2007 Giant Reign X0 Mountain Bike .....($1,600

Email....Bike_shopsltd@hotmail.com

The Bike Shop Limited is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are registered Company under licensed number(05344144).We ship via UPS, FedEx, EMS and other shipping company require by our buyer. A mountain bike (often abbreviated MTB or ATB (All Terrain Bicycle)) is a bicycle designed primarily for off road use. Mountain bikes have wide, knobbly tyres for extra traction and shock absorption. Like road bikes mountain bikes were originally constructed from steel but ...
Read more : FOR SALE:NEW 2007 Giant Reign X0 Mountain Bike .....($1,600 | Views : 3649 | Replies : 2

living in alaska

anyone live in alaska and work just enough to get by so they can climb more? i'd like to move there because i believe that is where the future of american alpinism is, but not sure what i'd do for work. i'm considering quitting medical school. simply and honestly as i can put it, climbing is all i care about.
Read more : living in alaska | Views : 4024 | Replies : 3

Entering Canada from US for British citizen

anybody know if other documentation is required beside a passport for a British citizen coming from the US?
Read more : Entering Canada from US for British citizen | Views : 13916 | Replies : 5

WTF? No page on Mt Hunter

Am I just a bonehead and cannot find it (which is entirely possible :roll: ) or does SP not have one yet?

Anyone out there climbed it? If so, please tell :D
Read more : WTF? No page on Mt Hunter | Views : 7459 | Replies : 16

Denali expenses and sled management

Im thinking about doing Denali (West Butt.) in summer of 2010. Before i commit however i want to find out how much i can expect to pay. I plan on going unguided with a couple other people. Minus gear and airfare what can i expect to pay for flight to the glacier, food for a month, transportation costs and other misc. items im sure im forgetting?

also, i have seen a lot of debate as ...
Read more : Denali expenses and sled management | Views : 11480 | Replies : 29

flying with Hudson Air

Anyone have any experience with this outfit?
Read more : flying with Hudson Air | Views : 3252 | Replies : 13

Banff Ice climbing season? Places to stay?

Hello there,

I'd like to know more or less how long into the season does a regular ice climbing year get in banff. Is late march usually climbable?

Thanks!!!
Read more : Banff Ice climbing season? Places to stay? | Views : 5300 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499