It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Newfoundland Hiking Recommendation

It looks like I'll be working in Corner Brook, Newfoundland over the next week or two. I'd like to sty an extra day or two and do some day hikes, or possibly a one night backpack trip. Any recommendations with altitude gains, scrambles, and great views? I see Gros Morne National Park is nearby, but from the park service, I see that "wilderness hiking" in the Long Range Mountains is not open until July. I ...
Read more : Newfoundland Hiking Recommendation | Views : 3048 | Replies : 5

Peaks close to Juneau, AK

I'll be in Juneau in late May and will have from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. to leave the cruise ship and hike. Can anyone suggest a couple of nice peaks fairly close that I could bag in that time frame, assuming the weather is halfway cooperative? I can hike at a fairly aggressive pace and have done 7000 vertical in a day several times. You can email me at michaelthannan@gmail.com ...
Read more : Peaks close to Juneau, AK | Views : 3790 | Replies : 2

Cassin vs Harvard route

Hello,

I am just looking for opinions about an Alaska trip we might be attempting this may. Anyway, which do you think would be better trip. The Harvard route on Huntington or the Cassin on Denali? I have climbed the West Butt on Denali already and a new peak might be fun, but the Cassin just looks so tasty!

Well, I am just doing some research and looking for opinions. The difficulties of both are ...
Read more : Cassin vs Harvard route | Views : 3259 | Replies : 5

Good Gear Stores in Calgary?

Going to be in Calgary with some time to burn. Where are some of the great places to go and spend some money on climbing gear?
Read more : Good Gear Stores in Calgary? | Views : 7747 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136429