It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 8:08 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

grivel antibot plates on DMM Aiguille crampons?

I seem to remember reading on some other forum that this is possible, but can´t find the corresponding page anymore.

While I love the way my Aiguilles fit my boots and let me move both on snow and mixed stuff, their antibot plates are rubbish. One weeklong trip into the Bernese Alps and the rubber was totally shredded, while the harder plastic antibot plates on my climbing partners´ G12s and AirTechs held up very well. ...
Read more : grivel antibot plates on DMM Aiguille crampons? | Views : 1920 | Replies : 0

Rambo IV with large boots

I wear EU45 boots and was planning to order a pair of Grivel Rambo's when it came to my mind that they may not fit. With my G12's and Spantiks I am one hole off from using the regular bars, and thus had to get the extender bars. It's an 8 hour drive to anywhere I could try them myself, assuming they are even in stock. So, does anyone have any information/experience on this? Thanks.
Read more : Rambo IV with large boots | Views : 1324 | Replies : 1

Vestibule vs. No Vestibule 4-Season Tents

Recently picked up the Mountain Hardwear EV 3 Tent (3-Person 4-Season) but have never used a tent without a vestibule for winter camping / climbing.

Anyone have an opinion on which design is better (vestibule vs. no vestibule)?

What's the best solution for cooking in tough conditions without a vestibule? I figure if it was designed by Visteurs, its gotta be sweet, but I frankly don't know how to use it myself...

FWIW, the tent ...
Read more : Vestibule vs. No Vestibule 4-Season Tents | Views : 5116 | Replies : 9

Tried to sharpen my tools

I followed the "so you want to sharpen your tools" article on cc and this is what i came up with. I screwed up a little bit, but overall i'd say decent. anyone else had success?
Read more : Tried to sharpen my tools | Views : 1014 | Replies : 0

Has anyone used the Petzl Laser Ice screw / Turbine crank

Has anyone used these screws? They seem to have the versatility of grivel 360s but without the weight / racking hassle / extreme cost. I have used BD express in the past and they require too much cleaning, and the laser sonics are too unruly/difficult to unclip with mitts.
Read more : Has anyone used the Petzl Laser Ice screw / Turbine crank | Views : 2920 | Replies : 3

FS Mammut Stratus Insulated Hooded Jacket

Brand new. Took the tags off last season and tried desperately to make the jacket fit, but alas it never will. Size Large (bare chested it might fit like a large but consider it a medium for anybody wearing a shirt, European sizing...). Color Black/Fire. Synthetic insulation, nylon ripstop material, interior pocket, thumb hole in sleeve. Very cool stylish jacket for cold weather excursions if only I were a tad smaller.

$100

Currently listed at ...
Read more : FS Mammut Stratus Insulated Hooded Jacket | Views : 1739 | Replies : 1

Got some extra trad gear you wanna sell a poor bastard?

WILL PAY CASH FOR A GOOD TRAD RACK (OLDER STUFF OK AS LONG AS ITS NOT BEEN FALLEN ON A BUNCH)

I've decided that since getting in shape is going better than anticipated, its time I put on my man pants and got climbing again. Trouble is, I sold off all of my pro in med school to pay for things like a washer/dryer/food/diapers/a trip to Aconcagua that didn't happen, and now I'm sitting on ...
Read more : Got some extra trad gear you wanna sell a poor bastard? | Views : 1326 | Replies : 2

Headlamp AND Bike Helmetlamp?

I have already posted this on a cycling forum, but figured there might be some knowledge to draw from here -

Aside from being a dedicated climber, I am also a dedicated cyclist. I own several handlebar bar mounted lights for cycling and also own a nice headlamp for climbing. However, without a bunch of tinkering, there is no cross-compatibility between the application of these devices.

I am looking for a light that I can ...
Read more : Headlamp AND Bike Helmetlamp? | Views : 4915 | Replies : 6

Check out my Nepal Evo pic with DSLR

I just got a new Sony a230 DSLR Camera. Check out the picture quality. Whoo hoo. I can't wait to bring this thing to the mountains. Any other guys bring SLRs high up? Any recommendation how not to break my gear?

Read more : Check out my Nepal Evo pic with DSLR | Views : 3169 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558010 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136547