It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 4:25 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Still confused on rope??

Okay, I've gone through most of the other post and still cannot determine what rope/brand I want. Any help is appreciated.

I have looked at PETZL/BW/Elder/Mammut/Sterling etc.

I will be doing mostly 4 person glacier travel in the Cascades w/Ranier and McKinley as long term goals. It sounds like an 8mm x 60m will do the trick from what I've read.

I assume the half-line/twin rope will suffise for cravasse safety as I have read ...
Read more : Still confused on rope?? | Views : 4071 | Replies : 16

FS: CLimb and Ski equipment (pants are SOLD)

I have some things I need to sell:

1- Black Diamond Method boots, dynafit compatible (110 flex), used once, like new.
Size 28 liners were never baked.
retail: $650-$680
yours: $300+shipping

2- Alpha Lt pants men's size Large SOLD
Like new, no sign of wear, used once.

retail: $259-$299
Yours: $145 + shipping

3- Vasque M-possible 11.5 new in box, never used

Retail: around $300
yours: $185 + shipping

PLease email me for ...
Read more : FS: CLimb and Ski equipment (pants are SOLD) | Views : 1315 | Replies : 1

0 degree bag

Probably repeated about a million times but the search on this forum just isn't the greatest. Looking for a good recommendation for a 0 degree bag. Important features:
* price (as in low=better)
* being able to pack it small (more so than being lightweight)

Weight and durability are probably less important since I really don't stay overnight that often (especially in a 0 degree bag).
Read more : 0 degree bag | Views : 5594 | Replies : 21

Black Diamond I tent or Integral Desings MK 1 XL?

Hi,

I'm in the market for an alpine tent for big wall, light mountaineering, and snowshoe trips.

I'm interested in the BD I-Tent and ID MK I XL.

Interested to know of users opinions of:

-Weatherproofness
-Ability to handle sustained slushiness / rain
-Handling of wind
-Anyone used either for big wall or narrow ledges?
-Condensation
-User experiences, taunts, complaints and praises?

Not too worried about space, since my sfo and I are about 5'8 ...
Read more : Black Diamond I tent or Integral Desings MK 1 XL? | Views : 17639 | Replies : 21

Aku Boots?

Has anybody heard of Aku or have any experience with their products? Are they a reputable company?

I'm looking at mountaineering boots and came across the Aku Mustang GTX at a pretty low price. Is it a good boot?
Read more : Aku Boots? | Views : 2395 | Replies : 2

Western Mountaineering vs. Feathered Friends

I'm buying myself a new sleeping bag as a reward for finishing my officer training. I'm considering the WM Alpinlite and the Feathered Friends Swallow.

I just have a few questions:
1. Does the Swallow have a draft collar? I can't tell from the pictures or the description on the FF website.

2. How much does overfill affect the temperature rating in the WM bags? How much is a good amount?

3. Do either of ...
Read more : Western Mountaineering vs. Feathered Friends | Views : 30207 | Replies : 17

la sportiva nepal evo NEW MSRP $470, $310 shipped

i want to buy cams, so i am selling my boots. 12.5 or 46.5. They are new without the box and DO NOT come with shoe inserts. You should buy a quality pair if you get these. email me at......
jeep1212@live.com
Read more : la sportiva nepal evo NEW MSRP $470, $310 shipped | Views : 1091 | Replies : 1

Cabela's Gore-Tex Raingear?

I've been looking at the $200 for jacket and pant price point and figured Gore-Tex was out of the question but Cabela's seems to be having a clearance on this Gore-Tex raingear. I'm concerned with the lack of pit zips but will the fact that it is Gore-Tex help make up for that? Anyone have any experience with it or advice regarding? Thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/yccttsy
Read more : Cabela's Gore-Tex Raingear? | Views : 3318 | Replies : 4

Stuff for sale...

Read more : Stuff for sale... | Views : 1262 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558012 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136555