It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Denver Residents, Please Help Us With Mountain Temperatures

Doing Bierstadt and Evans in mid-July. Standard routes. I'm packing clothing now and appreciate any help.

What are the daytime temperature extremes that we should expect on July 14-17? Upper 40s (F) to upper 60s, with a thunderstorm possibility every afternoon? Is there any chance of anything more severe?

This is only my third time climbing in the Rockies so any advice from locals is gratefully received. Thanks!
Read more : Denver Residents, Please Help Us With Mountain Temperatures | Views : 2636 | Replies : 2

Big Snowpack/Current Data

FYI ~ Its been a snowy season in the Colorado Mountains and it's not over yet.

http://www.wrds.uwyo.edu/wrds/nrcs/upda ... te-co.html
Read more : Big Snowpack/Current Data | Views : 4998 | Replies : 6

Beta on road from Vail to Piney Lake in the Gores? Beta on road from Vail to Piney Lake in the Gores?

Anyone know or have the ability to drive up and check out the road from Vail up to Piney Lake in the Gores? Some pretty special peaks up there that I'd like to sink my teeth into.
Read more : Beta on road from Vail to Piney Lake in the Gores? | Views : 4299 | Replies : 2

winter 14ers that are doable now

hi, I am looking at this page https://www.summitpost.org/colorado-14e ... ter/337648
and hoping to do something this weekend.
Are sherman or lincoln doable right now? do you go from the standard route?
Read more : winter 14ers that are doable now | Views : 6676 | Replies : 6

Need advices on Colorado climbing alpine routes

Hello, we're a party of two French-Canadian climbers that would like to climb in Colorado Rockies in either late spring or early summer 2019 for a approximately a two weeks trip. However we had never climbed in US Rockies and would like to get some advices/tips on best suggested routes to ascent summits, and suggested time of year for best climbing. For alpine route, we're comfortable with Class 4 climbs (average 5.5-5.6 route on rock) ...
Read more : Need advices on Colorado climbing alpine routes | Views : 3748 | Replies : 1

Lenawee Via Black Mountain (Grizzly Peak D) in the Winter

Okay, so there isn't a ton of info on this route (for obvious reasons). To give you a back story, I've climbed Torreys via Kelso ridge in the winter. Def a class three. Has anyone attempted (or have been successful) along the ridge from Grizzly D along the Black Mountain ridge to Lenawee?

I'm most interested in summiting Black Mountain and can then return to Grizzly (and eventually Loveland Pass). Having said that, within this ...
Read more : Lenawee Via Black Mountain (Grizzly Peak D) in the Winter | Views : 4244 | Replies : 1

Hiking tips near Boulder Hiking tips near Boulder

In two weeks I will be in Boulder for work. I hope to be able to get out one or two days for some hiking / scrambling. What would you recommend me? I would be interested in nearby 13ers for instance. Are there any nearby that you could do as a day trip? Something not too crowded would also be great. Any tips are welcome! Thanks!!
Read more : Hiking tips near Boulder | Views : 5524 | Replies : 5

Watch this awesome Ice Climbing video!

Colorado Native Mia Tucholke is a guide working to become fully certified. Watch this awesome video of her story.

http://campfire.outsidetv.com/channel/T ... media-4784

Eric
Read more : Watch this awesome Ice Climbing video! | Views : 2928 | Replies : 0

San Juans - Echo Mountain

Has anyone climbed? Can only find a few ascents and no trip reports anywhere.
Read more : San Juans - Echo Mountain | Views : 3384 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411