It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:14 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Feb 5th options

Hi All,

I'm flying into Colorado Springs on 2/5 for the weekend. My initial plan is to hike up Pikes Peak on the Saturday. Depending on road conditions, what are some other options nearby? I am flying back on Sunday so even if it's a long day I'm up for it.

I was thinking Mt. Massive or Mt. Elbert but I don't know how the roads fair during winter.

Any thoughts??

Thanks
Jon
Read more : Feb 5th options | Views : 1193 | Replies : 2

AAC Book Club Tuesday Jan 12 - Mark Obmascik

Please join us on Tuesday Jan 12 at 6:00 pm at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden to discuss Mark Obmascik's book "Halfway to Heaven: My White-knuckled--and Knuckleheaded--Quest for the Rocky Mountain High". Mark will attend the discussion and this will be a great opportunity to talk with him about the book and his experience climbing the fourteeners. Informal gathering -- usually in room upstairs; staff in library (which is a GREAT resource, if you ...
Read more : AAC Book Club Tuesday Jan 12 - Mark Obmascik | Views : 1074 | Replies : 2

Denver SP Social

I’ve been in Denver for over 5 years, and since then I’ve been wanting to meet the people on Summitpost, here in our beautiful state . Wednesday, January 20th 2010, my wife and I would like to have a Summitpost get-together at our house. Also, on Monday, January 25th , for those who can’t make it, that would like to do this on another day. I have come across something that is very exciting that ...
Read more : Denver SP Social | Views : 4591 | Replies : 25

I'm moving to Fort Collins

I got a job in Fort Collins at some podunk ag school. I start 1 February.

I need advice on the good (quiet) part of town to live (no parties, no bass music, and no more than 2 miles from campus so I can bike into work)
The bike shops I should avoid.
The quickest way to get info on hiking trails.

I bet I can figure out the rest. But sleep is important. I ...
Read more : I'm moving to Fort Collins | Views : 7225 | Replies : 13

Good intro for RMNP snowshoeing trip?

Hey all,

I'm new to Colorado and going to go explore RMNP this weekend on snowshoes. Any suggestions for where to start? I plan on spending one night backcountry. A summit would be great, but not necessary.

Thanks,
Chase
Read more : Good intro for RMNP snowshoeing trip? | Views : 1703 | Replies : 4

Good climb near denver

Hey everyone, looking for some possible ideas for a climb in a couple of weeks, conditions permitting.
Looking to do a 13er on the Front Range with a route similar to Atlantic's West Ridge, some exposure and a little rock thrown in the mix.

Gimme ideas!
Read more : Good climb near denver | Views : 1784 | Replies : 0

forgot shoes

On New Years Day, at St. Mary's Glacier, I had a customer leave a pair of shoes in the parking lot. If you have or know of them, please pm me.
Thanks,
Paul
Read more : forgot shoes | Views : 616 | Replies : 0

Mount Crested Butte -- Mountaineer's route

I've climbed the service road route in the summer, but I've been hearing about a more difficult mountaineers route for Mount Crested Butte?

Does anyone know where the route is located? If so, can anyone point me to page or an information source. Any info would be helpful, thx...
Read more : Mount Crested Butte -- Mountaineer's route | Views : 2334 | Replies : 3

Laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants....

Not sure if this is old news.....pretty funny though.....

http://www.skywardmountaineering.com/un ... comp-route
Read more : Laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants.... | Views : 820 | Replies : 0

New Climbing Gym in Colorado Springs

A new climbing gym has opened in Colorado Springs. It's called City Rock. It's located at 21 N.Nevada right across from the big parking garage. Your first comment will be "WOW". I have been to a few climbing gyms in my time and this one is at the top of the list. You should check it out.

Peter
Read more : New Climbing Gym in Colorado Springs | Views : 1891 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634