It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:02 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

14ers winter ascent questions.

Hi,

Planning on heading down for some winter ascents late dec or early jan. Hopeing to spend a week or so.

Anyways I have some various questions I've had problems finding answers too.

Accessibility = Last year I was down there the biggest problem I had was getting near some of the 14ers I'm looking in the area of Evans/bierstads/grays torreys

Or

Bross/lincoln/quandary/cameron/democrat

If anyone could reccomend which area I might have better luck getting ...
Read more : 14ers winter ascent questions. | Views : 6535 | Replies : 16

conundrum hot springs

wondering if anyone has made the trek out there in last few days? if so what was your setup?? skis, snowshoes, just boots ? thanks..
Read more : conundrum hot springs | Views : 2977 | Replies : 3

Getting chilly?

Yesterday (November 14) was the first below zero of the season. It was -3F at the house and 0F officially downtown (we were actually out camping and it was a warmer 7F there).

Right now it is slightly warmer at -1F, so we're in a warming trend. Time to break out the shorts?

According to the weather forecasts it should turn much milder and nights might be as warm as 16 by later in the ...
Read more : Getting chilly? | Views : 1069 | Replies : 4

SP Vail Skiing??

Is anyone up for some resort skiing? Rent a house something like this?

http://www.vrbo.com/211872

split the costs and hopefully shred some pow?
Read more : SP Vail Skiing?? | Views : 10151 | Replies : 33

Longs N. Face Nov. 21-22

Hi all
My brother and I are going to hit up longs peak this next weekend. Overnight in the boulderfield then summit on Sunday. Back up plan is NW gully or Keyhole ridge. Does anybody want to join us?
Read more : Longs N. Face Nov. 21-22 | Views : 1680 | Replies : 5

Mount Lincoln Icefall Conditions?

Does anybody have any information on the icefall conditions at Mount Lincoln? I'm wondering if it is coming in and available to climb yet...

thanks.
Read more : Mount Lincoln Icefall Conditions? | Views : 1434 | Replies : 4

I have a new job!

It's official! I'm now the manager of the Base Camp Museum Store at the Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum in Golden. It's one of those non-profit do-what-it-takes-to-make-it-work positions. But do you know what it's like to work in the middle of your inspiration? This is the first job I've ever had where I leave it in a better mood than when I arrive.

Jake Norton is Herr Director. Cheez, why do all you mountain men ...
Read more : I have a new job! | Views : 4332 | Replies : 19

Saturday: Cathedral Spires, Cynical Pinnacle

Were you climbing at Cathedral Spires (Cynical Pinnacle, I believe) this past Saturday (7th November)? If so, check out yourself in action. Sorry I didn't get the photo of your climbing partner, below you and out of the photo, whom you were belaying.

Read more : Saturday: Cathedral Spires, Cynical Pinnacle | Views : 831 | Replies : 0

North Table Mountain Adopt-A-Crag - Cancelled due to Weather

Due to weather, we are going to have to reschedule the trail day. I went up there this afternoon and checked things out and I think it'll be best to wait until the spring so we can also plant some grass seed. Thanks to all of you who said you'd come give your support.

Cheers,

Haas
Read more : North Table Mountain Adopt-A-Crag - Cancelled due to Weather | Views : 559 | Replies : 0

A dog named Biner

I'm looking for someone in the party of four that was climbing at Lincoln Falls today, Friday, November 6.
Read more : A dog named Biner | Views : 1582 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574