It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:31 am

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Drift Peak Via Villa

Looking to do or at least recon Villa Ridge on Drift. Does anyone have any snow conditions they could report on Drift or Mayflower Gulch please?
Thank you,
Zeke
Read more : Drift Peak Via Villa | Views : 1157 | Replies : 4

Mount Lady Washington conditions update. Photos added.

Has anybody been in the area recently? Wondering whether snowshoes are needed for the hike we plan on Saturday. I presume we would not need crampons/ice axes for the hike up the east side.
How is the trail to Chasm Lake looking currently? I understand there is not enough snow on the of south side of MLW to be concerned about avalanch danger.
I will really appreciate any comments. I have never been in the ...
Read more : Mount Lady Washington conditions update. Photos added. | Views : 2941 | Replies : 11

latest on Elbert East Ridge trail?

Me and my friend are going to hike east ridge of mount Elbert this Saturday and I’d like to do a last minute check.

I posted here before and some members of SP were very helpful. Special thanks to Martha P for providing a lot of information and offering 2 pair of snow shoes!

Colorado got a lot of snow last week but it appears that Mount Elbert region was somewhat spared and it got ...
Read more : latest on Elbert East Ridge trail? | Views : 1926 | Replies : 2

How much snow you got?

I'm heading to Denver/Colorado Springs from PA this Sat-Tues for a long weekend and looking to bag a few of the easier peaks while there. Can anyone provide any info on current conditions on Grays/Torrey, Mt Bierstadt and Pike's Peak. Is there a need for snow shoes? Also, any other recomendations for hiking in the area at this time of year? Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated!
Read more : How much snow you got? | Views : 1024 | Replies : 1

Colorado Avalanche Information Center Benefit Bash

Anyone else going? I am planing to ski at Breck or maybe hike up in the Peak 10 area on Saturday & Sunday.

I booked a room at the Fireside Inn that sleeps 2 if someone wants the upper bunk for $40 for the night. Should be able to stumble back from the Bash.

http://friendsofcaic.org/2009/10/18/the-friends-of-caic-presents-the-2nd-annual-caic-benefit-bash-november-14th-2009-breckenridge-riverwalk-center/
Read more : Colorado Avalanche Information Center Benefit Bash | Views : 1442 | Replies : 4

Snow Climbing/Conditions Late November

Is late November too early for general snow and snow couloir climbs in Colorado? Is the snow stable enough for climbing? I am planning to drive up to Colorado from Houston during the thanksgiving week. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Read more : Snow Climbing/Conditions Late November | Views : 3258 | Replies : 7

early ice near ft collins?

gonna be in the Ft Collins area for the week of Thanksgiving, and wondering if there is any early ice near there. got me some new used tools and can't wait to get them puppers on some ice!!!
Read more : early ice near ft collins? | Views : 1628 | Replies : 4

Learning Ice?

Hey all, I have a quick question for those of you who are experienced ice climbers. I've been fascinated by climbing for almost a year now, but since I live in KS, go to KSU and have an intense major I haven't had the opportunity to really get out and do much in the way of actual climbing. Went to Ouray this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it, but didn't get to really do much hiking ...
Read more : Learning Ice? | Views : 3958 | Replies : 20

Clinton Gulch Avalanche

Heard something about an avy near Climax mine today, SCRG responding, anyone have any info on this?
Read more : Clinton Gulch Avalanche | Views : 1150 | Replies : 1

"Atlantic Peak"

Looking to do "Atlantic Peak" on 11-07 with some friends, has anyone done this peak in November?
Read more : "Atlantic Peak" | Views : 1679 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574