It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:35 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

first time in rmnp

the wife and i are headed for a road trip we are flying into denver on the 5th and getting back to sacramento on sunday the 11th would like to do a couple short day hikes in rmnp of 8 miles apx let the info flow
Read more : first time in rmnp | Views : 2870 | Replies : 6

Last min Democrat Question!

Does anyone know how much snow Democrat has had accumulate over the past week? especially on the N. Ridge/W face? Planning on climbing Sat, heading up tonight.

Thanks,
Tim
Read more : Last min Democrat Question! | Views : 1682 | Replies : 2

Capital & Elk Range snowfall

Can anybody in the Aspen area provide information on how much snowfall there has been above 13,000 in the Elk Range? I was hoping to climb Captial this weekend, but with new snowfall, it might be a bit dicy.

Thanks!
Read more : Capital & Elk Range snowfall | Views : 2457 | Replies : 3

Supporting the Hidden Gems Wilderness Campaign - Colorado!

Hello fellow Summit Posters. As a group of committed folks passionate about the wild places where we hike, climb, and recreate, I am asking that you take a moment to become familiar with a hot topic here in Colorado's Roaring Fork Valley. I have recently gotten involved with the <a href=http://www.whiteriverwild.org>Hidden Gems Wilderness Campaign</a>. The campaign aims to protect several hundred thousand acres of beautiful, unspoiled public land in Pitkin, Gunnison, Eagle, and Summit Counties ...
Read more : Supporting the Hidden Gems Wilderness Campaign - Colorado! | Views : 5354 | Replies : 26

Unaweep Canyon Questions?

I've travelled through Unaweep Canyon several times now, and each time I gaze at the canyon's southern formations.

Are those formations named mountains?or are they even considered mountains? Regardless, does anyone know if there are any established routes?or does anyone know if any of those areas can be accessed by the public or are they private property?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Unaweep Canyon Questions? | Views : 2023 | Replies : 5

Recent Longs Peak accident- beta?

I recently heard second-hand about an accident on Longs Peak, in which a man was apparently blown off the mountain, maybe 2 weeks ago or so. From what I can tell, it probably happened at the Narrows. Anybody have any further information on this, or links to a story that describes it? Thanks.
Read more : Recent Longs Peak accident- beta? | Views : 3310 | Replies : 4

Friday Ski on Saint Marys Glacier

It looks like the storms may dump enough snow to fill in the runnels. Anyone want to go up Friday morning?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Alice&state=CO&site=BOU&textField1=39.8183&textField2=-105.642&e=0
Read more : Friday Ski on Saint Marys Glacier | Views : 1474 | Replies : 0

Volunteer Trail Maintenance Day at Lumpy Ridge

How about helping out a good cause?

Lumpy Ridge Trail Day - Estes Park
When: Oct 18, 2009

For the 9th consecutive year the Front Range Section of the American Alpine Club will be hosting a trail improvement day at Lumpy Ridge in Estes Park, Colorado. This project is in conjunction with the Access Fund ‘Adopt-A-Crag’ program and the National Park Service (NPS).

Volunteers will meet at 7:30am at the Estes Park Town Hall parking ...
Read more : Volunteer Trail Maintenance Day at Lumpy Ridge | Views : 2393 | Replies : 8

Stevens Gulch Road Conditions

The road has been graded all the way to the trail head. Any 2 wheel drive auto could make it up even a Smart Car. The heavy equipment was parked at the bottom of the road on Friday morning and it appears that the work has been completed.

Happy Trails!
Read more : Stevens Gulch Road Conditions | Views : 3712 | Replies : 1

Winter Park Resort buying into cloud-seeding for 2009-2010

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13366455

...and most of it's going to water Denver lawns anyway. :roll:
Read more : Winter Park Resort buying into cloud-seeding for 2009-2010 | Views : 1507 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557975 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136468