It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:07 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Chamonix hiking/scrambling - November

Hi all!

I will most likely be in Chamonix sometime mid-November. I was hoping to do some scrambling in the area.
I've been to Cham before during the ski season, so not sure what the conditions are like in November.

I would quite like a bit of a challenge and would be happy to use crampons/ice axe, however, ideally no ropes. I was also hoping to do it solo (unless I can find a group ...
Read more : Chamonix hiking/scrambling - November | Views : 3928 | Replies : 1

Beginner living in Switzerland, looking to learn! Pls Help

Hi there, my name is Eric and I just moved to Zurich from the states. I will be here for a couple of years and always dreamed of climbing. I'm 25 athletic and looking to learn. If there is already a post about this, my apologies.

I would like to ask the advice of someone who knows if there is a great climbing school/company for beginners who have courses in November/December and are in Switzerland? ...
Read more : Beginner living in Switzerland, looking to learn! Pls Help | Views : 2276 | Replies : 0

Snowdonia in winter?

Hi all,

ME and a friend are looking to climb Cadair Idris and hike the nantlle Ridge in December in the hopes of getting our first experience with hiking in the snow!

We've done some general hiking/scrambling in the summer and such, but never when there's been snow!

We were just wondering what gear we would need to go around the nantlle Ridge as we've heard there is some scrambling in the snow there.

Mainly ...
Read more : Snowdonia in winter? | Views : 2193 | Replies : 0

Hiking in Europe in November

hi there
I wanted to go hiking somewhere in Europe at the end of November. I was wondering if there' s any spot in Europe where you have quite stable, sunny weather at this time.
I'd like to go for around 4 days, so a weekend trip. I live in London, so have good flight connections to most of the places.
I was thinking about the island of Madeira, but I am not sure about ...
Read more : Hiking in Europe in November | Views : 9080 | Replies : 7

Hollental Route up Zugspitze end of October?

Hello all,

A friend and I are travelling to Garmisch on the 24th of this month and where hoping to head up the Zugspitze via the Hollental route but from what I can gather this may not be possible. We both have basic mountaineering skills and good kit, we're happy to camp out as I know the huts will be closed. I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast but I'm not sure how ...
Read more : Hollental Route up Zugspitze end of October? | Views : 5446 | Replies : 3

Warden Cosmiques

What is it with the warden at Cosmiques? Does she hate everyone who is not a Guide? I've been there twice now, and both times I've got to say I found her about the coldest person I've ever met. Really hostile, and I mean hostile, if you put a foot wrong. Even if you don't, you're likely to get acerbic responses coming your way after any inquiry, or thinly disguised contempt, especially if you're a ...
Read more : Warden Cosmiques | Views : 2332 | Replies : 0

Intermediate alpine trip in October

Hi all, first time poster here.

I'll be in Germany in October, and I'd like to do a bit of mountaineering with a friend.

We both have a bit of experience with mountains around PD and high altitude. Me - Huayna Potosí and Kazbek; him - Pisco, Ishinca, Urus. So we'd like to try to push the technical difficulty a bit (more vertical), but take out the high-altitude and multi-day aspect. Something where we can ...
Read more : Intermediate alpine trip in October | Views : 3379 | Replies : 3

Newbie Euro hiker needs help for Mont Blanc!

Hi there,

I am a fit mid-30s Australian female who loves hiking but has limited overseas experience in the activity. A couple of months ago I went to Europe for the first time and quickly became hooked on both the continent and its hiking. The hikes I did were relatively modest in challenge - the Cinque Terre, low and high routes, and the Val Gardena area in the Dolomites from Ortisei. Looking up at those ...
Read more : Newbie Euro hiker needs help for Mont Blanc! | Views : 3382 | Replies : 6

Amalfi coast

Going hiking in the Amalfi coast this October, and I'm looking for advice on nice trails. So far I found the Sendero degli dei trail (is the lower or higher version nicest?) and Mulini-Ferriere valley. But I have a whole week to spend in the area :)

What are your favorite trails at the Amalfi Coast and Lattari mountain?

Thanks!
Read more : Amalfi coast | Views : 2205 | Replies : 0

Climbing Montblanc June 15

If you want to read our adventure in the montblanc this year, click down and enjoy it.

http://laaventuraesmireino.blogspot.com.es/2015/08/climbing-montblanc-4807-m-15771-ft.html

C U !
Read more : Climbing Montblanc June 15 | Views : 2225 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558055 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136651