It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:27 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Easter Climbing in the Alps

Hi, I'm considering climbing in the Alps around Easter time. I know this is out of season but is climbing possible and what are the conditions like? Can anybody recommend some suitable peaks? I want to climb something around Alpine grade AD/D. Most of my climbing has been done in Asia so my knowledge of the Alps is relatively poor unfortunately. I'm looking for something with relatively easy access with cheap flight connections (e.g. Zurich). ...
Read more : Easter Climbing in the Alps | Views : 1215 | Replies : 1

Where is Aiguille de la Belle Etoile?

Hi,
I'm looking for Aiguille de la Belle Etoile (4354m) in the Mont Blanc group.
Does somebody know where it exactly is, or even on which IGN map it can be found?
Thanks for any help, Herbie
Read more : Where is Aiguille de la Belle Etoile? | Views : 1391 | Replies : 3

Three British climbers die in Spanish Sierra Nevada

Three British climbers have been named who died on Mulhacen due to hypothermia.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4779564.stm
Read more : Three British climbers die in Spanish Sierra Nevada | Views : 3990 | Replies : 5

Gran Paradiso

:o Im heading to Italy in June the 15th, to climb the Gran Paradiso, i have contacted a few hotels in the area, but they say they are closed, anybody know of a cool hotel to stay in Pont - Valsavarenche for a night.

we are headin upto the Refuge Vittorio Emanuele hut the next morning, so we thought a soft bed would be nice on the ...
Read more : Gran Paradiso | Views : 1234 | Replies : 2

"Accurate" German weather forecasts on line

Anyone know of a fairly accurate German on line weather forecast?

I use http://www.wetterspiegel.de but find they can be way out on temperatures.

I need one to get a view a few days ahead as I've got a bit hooked on winter hiking and would like to do a very short notice trip to Tegernsee later this month, but only if the weather is going to be suitable. Got loads of airmiles burning away in ...
Read more : "Accurate" German weather forecasts on line | Views : 3818 | Replies : 6

Definitive 4000er guidebook

I was wondering what most people would consider to be the definitive guidebook to climbing 4000 meter peaks in the Alps. "The Alpine 4000m Peaks by the Classic Routes" by Richard Goedek seems to be mentioned a lot, but I wanted to see if that would be the best one to get. Gerry Roaches "Colorado's Fourteeners" has proved quited useful to me in planning hikes and climbs in the Rockies, so if there was an ...
Read more : Definitive 4000er guidebook | Views : 1571 | Replies : 2

Suggestions for April Trip to Europe

I'll be in southern Germany for about 3 weeks starting in the beginning of April and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for a good climbing/ mountaineering experience for that time of year. I'm not sure how the snow levels have been at that time of the year in the past, or how the snow is looking this year (not that it won't change in a month...). I'm up for anything...cragging, alpine climbing, ...
Read more : Suggestions for April Trip to Europe | Views : 1974 | Replies : 7

MONTAGNES

MONTAGNES
http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/

French mountains, Europas Mountains, world's mountains...
alpinisme, escalade, treks, expéditions...
photos et vidéos

See You soon.... :wink:
Read more : MONTAGNES | Views : 646 | Replies : 0

Mountain Rescue Italy

:lol: hello

does anybody know the Italian mountain rescue website or phone number, im climbing in Grand Paradiso this year and would like to have their details.
Read more : Mountain Rescue Italy | Views : 3952 | Replies : 5

Tre Cime di Lavaredo (3 Zinnen)

I reworked the 3 Zinnen page and split the towers off into separate pages. I would be interested in transferring ownership of all the towers except Cima Grande, the only one I have been on. I don't want to maintain pages of things I haven't been on. I will transfer ownership only to a member(s) who will actually work on the page and who has first hand knowledge. Send me a PM if interested.
Read more : Tre Cime di Lavaredo (3 Zinnen) | Views : 971 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558003 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528