It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Winter Dolomites

Hi, few of us wants to go to Dolomites in February. Any recommendations for walks between huts or easy climbing routes. I will fly to Venice and then have a car to drive towards north.

Thank you:)
Read more : Winter Dolomites | Views : 2338 | Replies : 0

Austrian TMB

Hi all

want to go to Austria in June -- if there's too much snow up high I'm wondering if there's an equivalent to the TMB / Alta Via type hike a National classic multi day Trail??

Rich
in York
Read more : Austrian TMB | Views : 3522 | Replies : 2

Chamonix conditions

Hi! As the title says, interested in conditions there now as I'll be arriving there with my partner 30.12, spending a bit over week.
We are climbing ice & mixed lines, but so far very little info for this autumn/early winter on internet.
Gabarrou good/not?
Modiga?
Fil a plomb?
Cold du plan nf?
Mallory porter?
Chere probably is (tacul one)? Done that thought so not that interested.
Perrioux or w/e it is called left to ...
Read more : Chamonix conditions | Views : 2600 | Replies : 1

winter ascent of Piz Badile north ridge

Hello - my partner and I just made a winter ascent of the north ridge of Piz Badile. We climbed for 18 hrs and made a bivouac within one rope's length from the summit and summited early next morning. It was our first time on this mountain and my first time to Bregaglia. We tried to find some information online prior to our attempt (history and topo info) but we didn't find much on winter ...
Read more : winter ascent of Piz Badile north ridge | Views : 3039 | Replies : 2

Climbing Triglav in April

Hi All,

I am looking to potentially do a guided climb of Triglav in April next year via the easiest route & have a few questions. I would really appreciate any help / advice.

How technical is the easiest route to the summit in April? I am comfortable with via ferrata & easy scrambling & have experience with snow climbing with crampons, but nothing technical.

Also, what is the best way to get to the ...
Read more : Climbing Triglav in April | Views : 9608 | Replies : 4

Climbing

I'm looking for a few peaks I could summit in the Alps or Greenland where the route only requires crampons and an ice axe, and no rope. This would mean avoiding glaciers. Any suggestions?
Read more : Climbing | Views : 2764 | Replies : 1

Good starter 3000/4000ers Alps?

Hi everyone,

New to this forum.

What would be recommended for someones first 3000/4000er in the Alps? Guided or non guided I don't mind.

I'm based in the UK and spent many days in the mountains here, but they are quite small compared to the rest of Europe. I also spent a couple of weeks in the Alps over the summer. The highest I've been so far is 2,970m hiking up the Schiltorn in Switzerland. ...
Read more : Good starter 3000/4000ers Alps? | Views : 5803 | Replies : 4

Trying to reserve Hornli hut early.

I'm planning a climbing trip to Switzerland for next summer and my biggest motivation to plan early was my worry that the Hornli hut would book up very early. From the website, however, it looks like they won't start taking reservations for next season until June 1, 2017! http://www.hoernlihuette.ch/reservation_46.html I tried calling and no answer. Is this typical for the Hornli hut?
Read more : Trying to reserve Hornli hut early. | Views : 4138 | Replies : 2

Elbrus via The West Face/West Buttress

I got a tip on another forum about this route because when I go to Elbrus I'd like to do something a bit more challenging than a straight slog. I thought about doing a winter ascent, which some outfits have, but doing a more technical route could be even better. Does anyone know more about this, it's extremely hard to find info online. There are two guide companies offering it, AlexClimb and ExtremeTime.ru. It's supposed ...
Read more : Elbrus via The West Face/West Buttress | Views : 5496 | Replies : 4

climber (based in Ulm) looking for winter/spring partner

Hi, I will be based in Ulm, Germany through the winter and spring from the beginning of November. Feel free to shoot me a msg if someone is looking for a partner in Ulm area and other places like the Frankenjura, Bavarian Alps, Tirol, Swiss Alps (only 3 hrs from Ratikon!) etc. I have a more or less flexible schedule with several days off each week, and I will be looking for partners for everything ...
Read more : climber (based in Ulm) looking for winter/spring partner | Views : 2893 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557975 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136466