It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:21 pm

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Looking for Mountain Hardwear Space Station SPARE POLES

Hi! I have an older version of Mountain Hardwear Space Station and I´ve somehow missplaces 3 GOLD (yellow) poles, each 914cm long. I hope that someone here on this site has a broken tent fly and is looking to sell their poles.
I live in sweden but I´, obviously prepared to pay both for the purchase and for the shipping.
Btw. I have contacted Mountain Hardware (Through Columbia Sportswear), but the only option appears to ...
Read more : Looking for Mountain Hardwear Space Station SPARE POLES | Views : 2396 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Steripen - Limited light bottle options (users read this!)

UL and Steri-Pen - Nalgene flexible bottle is very light, but the only option (apparently).

Summary: You can go light with a steri-pen using a Nalgene "wide-mouth Canteen" flexible bottle, very light, but you CANNOT use any other flexible bottle, their mouhts are not wide enough. You have to replace this flex-bottle every 2-5+ years though; just do it, it's worth the weight savings. I know of no other compatible light bottle (Please do let ...
Read more : Steripen - Limited light bottle options (users read this!) | Views : 2596 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

ultra-light for (Sierra) high backcountry

I am creating this thread because I believe Sierra adventurers of all types have distinctly different needs from those of AT and other thru-hikers who have embraced Ultra-light (UL) gear and techniques.

Vloggers that I have seen such as Dixie "Homemade Wanderlust" and Darwin "Darwin on the Trail"
have lots of info, some of it quite good about UL gear, techniques, hints and hacks.

However...Not all of this makes sense for the sierra backpacker, or ...
Read more : ultra-light for (Sierra) high backcountry | Views : 12972 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Technique and Training

Hanwag Omega GTX are not durable - repair attempt

I loved my Alaska GTX boots and hit many summits with them. The scree finally started tearing them apart so I decided to splurge on the Omega GTX boots. They looked like a great upgrade and I wanted crampon mounts. Well after only a few summits the rubber brim on these boots completely wore off, exposing the stitching below. Maybe these boots are only meant for snow but that doesn't make sense because rock is ...
Read more : Hanwag Omega GTX are not durable - repair attempt | Views : 2191 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

survival stories are amazing

It will be good to hear the whole story here, but what a chance find...
https://www.newser.com/story/295084/fam ... gn=rss_top
Read more : survival stories are amazing | Views : 1878 | Replies : 0 | Forum : News

Garmin Forerunner 920XT with charger and extra chest strap

Great watch, works perfectly. I’ve only used it for running so I want to get a smaller running watch.

Running dynamics include cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time

Offers VO2 max estimate, race predictor and recovery advisor

Features swim distance, pace, stroke type identification, stroke count, drill logging and rest timers

Smart notifications let you see email, text and other alerts on your watch

Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social ...
Read more : Garmin Forerunner 920XT with charger and extra chest strap | Views : 2027 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

ice axes/crampons needed for mount Sill?

I'm going on a trip in the next week to climb mount Sill, (one of the 14ers in the palisade crest) and i'm not sure what kind of gear i need for it. I've heard that you need ice axes and crampons to climb the mountain, but from the pictures from this time of year it looked like there was a way to avoid the glacier and any other ice/snow on the climb. Has anyone ...
Read more : ice axes/crampons needed for mount Sill? | Views : 3033 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

FS: petzl adjama harness L, scarpa Zodiac tech 46 NEW

Petzl Adjama harness L, used 10x. $50

Scarpa Zodiac tech 46, NEW in box, great 3 season mountaineering boots. $200

In Bellingham area.
Read more : FS: petzl adjama harness L, scarpa Zodiac tech 46 NEW | Views : 633 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Classifieds

Gear For Sale

IMG_0587.jpg
Ice Axes and Crampons For Sale
Metolius Excaliber and F us-007
Grivel Rambo Crampons

Used about five times- great condition

$175 for the lot

Contact me via this forum or message me at texasboggios@gmail.com. Email preferred

Will ship
Read more : Gear For Sale | Views : 3379 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558042 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628