It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Yosemite Valley south rim snow levels

Anyone been around Glacier or Taft Point in the last week know if there's much snow on the south rim? Mainly the trail to Taft Point or just in general.
Read more : Yosemite Valley south rim snow levels | Views : 478 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

FS: Marmot Col EQ -20 Bag

I thought I was going to need this for some winter stuff I had planned, but didn't work out.

It's brand new, with storage sack and stuff sack. Retails is like 600 something, can be found on sale around 500, asking $350 shipped (i'm not profiting.)

It is a long.

Here it is on campmor

http://www.campmor.com/marmot-col-eq-20 ... _sku=46546

Sure, it's the beginning of summer, but why not be ready ...
Read more : FS: Marmot Col EQ -20 Bag | Views : 1113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

sneakers as approach shoe

I'm heading to Canada to climb Mt Forbes. It's a long way in for wearing mountaineering boots and I don't own approach shoes. We also have to cross a river and need something to protect our feet. I don't want to carry the extra weight of my regular hiking boots. I've worn regular sneakers for years on the gentler approaches ( but not in over 10 years) so tell me why I'm crazy if I ...
Read more : sneakers as approach shoe | Views : 6790 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Gear

rates

Hi,

I could not figure out the route rating system on this site. Such as:
F+? "possibility to climb the north and the east ridges,(3 hours F+),the lower part is common."
BSA? "Sky route,S flank: Long route,from Bagni del Masino ( 4/5h BSA)"
WS? "South Face: WS, places of III"
etc.

I couldn't find any legend, google search did not help...

Thanks for your help in advance!
Tamas
Read more : rates | Views : 776 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

16 year old lost at sea

Ok, not related to climbing but since there has been so much talk of parent responsibility I thought this was appropriate.

Hope all turns out well for her.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/179 ... underland/
Read more : 16 year old lost at sea | Views : 24793 | Replies : 151 | Forum : News

Extra Wide Plastic Boots Needed ASAP!!!

We're taking some teenagers up Mt. Shasta and one of them has an extra wide foot. The rental shop doesn't have plastic boots in wide. Any suggestions? And when I say wide, I mean triple-E!
Read more : Extra Wide Plastic Boots Needed ASAP!!! | Views : 2035 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

GPS for a dog?

Do they make little GPS beacon thingies to put on a dog collar? that way if you lose your dog, you just look for the blinking beacon on some ipod app?
Read more : GPS for a dog? | Views : 17774 | Replies : 38 | Forum : General

China Establishes Everest Age Limits

Starting this fall, 2010, climbers must be between 18 and 60 to be issued a permit. Exceptions will be considered but not for under 16. Nepal already has a minimum age of 16 but no upper age restriction source
Read more : China Establishes Everest Age Limits | Views : 3335 | Replies : 7 | Forum : News

The Passing of a Legend

Many of you may already know, but for those that may not,

John Fischer died early last Saturday morning while riding his Kawasaki Concourse on 395 and on his way north to meet up with some friends up at Virginia Lakes for day of easy climbing. He impacted a deer just before the Virginia Lakes turn off at the crest of Conway Summit and was killed instantly.

For those that may be interested, I will ...
Read more : The Passing of a Legend | Views : 3275 | Replies : 4 | Forum : News

Avodart and cramps

I've been taking Avodart for BPH for about 6 months.

I'd be interested to know if any man here is also taking Avodart, and has had this apparent side effect: leg cramps after strenuous exercise.

I used to get mild cramps after mondo days, especially on the right side (there are other medical reasons for that bias). I could always exercise and massage out those minor cramps. However, in the last 5 months, I've had ...
Read more : Avodart and cramps | Views : 3955 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495