It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

WTB: Scarpa Inverno

Size 12.
Thanks.
Read more : WTB: Scarpa Inverno | Views : 991 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Keeping gear in the car, is it bad for it?

I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

I'm wondering if it is detrimental to keep things like Goretex jackets and climbing gear in my truck for long periods of time. I typically keep it all in my house, but then the times I want to spontaneously do some hiking or climbing after work it ends up taking too long to run back to the house and get the appropriate gear. Will this ...
Read more : Keeping gear in the car, is it bad for it? | Views : 12488 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Gear

DMM Dragon Cam - first impressions

Here is my post from Gunks.com:

Finally got to place my purple Dragon Cam few times this weekend. First impressions are not too favorable.

First of all, the plastic rigid thing that covers the stitching on the sewn sling is way too long and too rigid. It makes extending the sling super PITA, not cool for the cruxes or if you're pumping out. Second, on one of the overhanging moves after I extended the sling, ...
Read more : DMM Dragon Cam - first impressions | Views : 3570 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Gear

Climbing for charities

Has anyone ever climbed for a charity before? After hearing about "summit on the summit" (http://www.summitonthesummit.com/#/intro), I thought it'd be interesting to hear some of your experiences. Was it different than a regular climb? what cause did you take on and why? How did you find out about the charity? what did you do to fundraise? Anyways - look forward to hearing some cool stories.
Read more : Climbing for charities | Views : 1709 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General

Garmin 24k Topo Map and Hikes in Estes

Garmin indicates that on their 24k scale topo maps they include trail maps. Some of the reviews I have read indicate that the number of trail maps is limited. We are traveling to CO in July and maybe hiking Yale and Harvard. Can anyone tell me if these topo maps have these trails on them and what is your opinion.

Second, visiting Estes in July. Any recommended hikes. Looking for 2-4 hour hike which would ...
Read more : Garmin 24k Topo Map and Hikes in Estes | Views : 1659 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Cycle Touring and Climbing

Several years ago I discovered cycle touring and it's really become my main focus these days. Now I find myself missing the time in the back country and plan to combine them in the next year. I know Corax has done quite a bit of this stuff, but is anyone else into it ? Care to discuss it ?
Read more : Cycle Touring and Climbing | Views : 6277 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General

I need a portaledge!

Looking for a portaledge! Double or Single

email wamorris at calpoly dot edu
Read more : I need a portaledge! | Views : 559 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

Death or the summit?

Obviously, most of us are too prudent and too cautious to even consider this question. But, is there a part of you that admires mountaineers who would rather die than give up, turn back or surrender to a mountain? I certainly admire the fearless and the crazy brave.
Read more : Death or the summit? | Views : 28154 | Replies : 48 | Forum : General

FS: Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Parka Size Large--$270

Hello all. I have for sale my MH absolute zero parka. As much as I love this parka it is simply too large for me and I should have bought a medium. Anyway, this parka is in great shape as I only have worn it once and that was all I needed to know that it was too warm for my needs. I have never compressed the jacket so it is still extremely lofty and ...
Read more : FS: Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Parka Size Large--$270 | Views : 8556 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Gear

Questionable volcano authority

Given the events in Iceland recently, you may find the following story to be very interesting:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... ioned.html
Read more : Questionable volcano authority | Views : 977 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557954 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136418