It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

FS: BD Joule Skis 09 165cm

I have used these for a season and found them a bit big for me ..good condition.. they are drilled for dynafit bindings.. $200.00

also have a pair of brand new in box Garmont Rottefella Cobra R6 womens tele bindings
$125.00

give a shout if interested.. thanks
Read more : FS: BD Joule Skis 09 165cm | Views : 620 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Looking for a really good shoe

I just wore out my "new" pair of Asics after about a month of running. My long route is about 10 miles and includes road, trail, and beach. I also have to swim about 1/4 mile and then run for another 1/2 mile or so in wet shoes. I do my long run about 3 times a week. Asics are expensive and I have a teacher's income. Is there a shoe out there that doesn't ...
Read more : Looking for a really good shoe | Views : 3076 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Gear

Dyneema and Nylon Drop Tests

This is quite eye-opening: http://www.dmmclimbing.com/video.asp?id=5 (reposted from Gunks.com)

This should put to rest all arguments about using dyneema slings and daisy chains as PAS.
Read more : Dyneema and Nylon Drop Tests | Views : 9201 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Gear

Romero starts the Talkshow Tour

Romero on Leno last Friday eve.

Next goal is to do all 50 State High Points. Very worthy indeed. But, isn't this sort of backwards? Kind of like sailing around the world solo and then wanting to go and sail the largest body of water in each of the 50 States, alone. Or, getting a PhD at 13 then going back to graduate from elementary school. Or.....

Interesting priorities Mom and Dad are setting.
Read more : Romero starts the Talkshow Tour | Views : 2587 | Replies : 11 | Forum : News

Mountineering with one good arm?

Dear All,

I am hoping to get some feedback from those of you that have some proper mountaineering experience.

I've been hiking for quite some time, have done some rock climbing in the past and love being in the mountains. As natural progression would have it, I would like to get into some bigger mountains and some tougher climbing.

Here's the catch:
due to an unfortunate (or even fortunate-depends on the perspective) motorcycle accident ...
Read more : Mountineering with one good arm? | Views : 2630 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General

Mystery post/sign

I saw this odd structure near Hart Mountain in SE Oregon a few weeks back. Any ideas of its significance, if any?

Read more : Mystery post/sign | Views : 2287 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General

Camera Case

I recently got a Panasonic Lumix LX3 and I now need a good camera case for it. Something I can have on the outside of my pack/easily accessible which has room for extra batteries and memory cards. Any suggestions?
Read more : Camera Case | Views : 2562 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Gear

name of mountains.

Hey guys,
what is the name of the dry mountain which is across Mount Whitney, CA? it seems pretty high up while you climbed Whitney, is on the other side of Lone pine. I was just wondering if there are some good trails on it to summit it. Also, if you guys know some good high mountains to climb around Death Valley, CA.
thanks guys!!!!
Read more : name of mountains. | Views : 3247 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557987 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136495