It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:57 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

SP'er Radson Summits Everest

Regular SP contributor Radson and his partner Sandy summited yesterday, from the south.

http://www.alanarnette.com/news/2010/05 ... e-3-recap/
Read more : SP'er Radson Summits Everest | Views : 6763 | Replies : 32 | Forum : News

New hood for Marmot shell

I have a Marmot shell that I've had for several years and it's great. Not sure of model, may be "Mountain Works". At the time, though, I didn't think about size of hood. The current removable hood has a crimp on top that's designed to fit over one's head okay, but not well over a climbing helmet. I called Marmot and they don't make replacement hoods. I asked REI and they didn't have a clue. ...
Read more : New hood for Marmot shell | Views : 5588 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

How many people have climbed icebergs?

I'm trying to figure out how many people have climbed icebergs, not beached bergs in Antarctica, but icebergs completely surrounded by water. I know Will Gadd and Ben Firth did it. Twight climbed icebergs for a cigarette commercial. Who else has climbed icebergs?
Read more : How many people have climbed icebergs? | Views : 5115 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General

Camera

Another camera thread. I am looking for a new camera. So I have looked (not in person) at the:

Canon G11
Canon G10
Panasonic Lumix LX3
Canon Powershot s90

I am looking for:
Price: Max $450
Great picture quality
Great battery power-I will be gone for 2 weeks without being able to recharge batteries
Viewfinder-Will help with power
Ability for Macro
Fast
Solid feeling-less plastic the better
Easy to carry and low weight

I am ...
Read more : Camera | Views : 7183 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Gear

Gear storage setup?

I just moved into a new place, and I'm just starting to get organized. I'm looking for ideas on gear storage, and I'm hoping that some of you might have ideas or photos to share. My last place I just had a wall in the garage with a pegboard setup. What do you have? Or what have you seen that's interesting?
Read more : Gear storage setup? | Views : 12122 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Gear

FS: THF HIM 35/ THF Inferno -40/ THF Vario 23/ MH Absolute Z

Thought I’d see if anyone wants a deal on some gear before I put it on eBay. I bought the gear with plans, but as life goes--things don’t always work out. It was to late to return everything.

The North Face Himalayan 35, 4-Season w/ footprint--New, without steaks--$400+$20 ship

The North Face Vario 23 w/ footprint. Used Once on Granite Peak, MT--$200+20 ship.

The North Face Inferno -40 Down Sleeping Bag--Also New, stored hanging in ...
Read more : FS: THF HIM 35/ THF Inferno -40/ THF Vario 23/ MH Absolute Z | Views : 1202 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gear

Black Diamond crampon advice

I bought a pair of stainless steel BD sabretooth and used them for the first time this week and have been extremely disappointed with them. They ball up constantly and i´m having to hit them with my axe every second step. Apart from being dangerous, it´s pretty exhausting at the end of a long day. My partners grivels don´t ball up at all. Has anyone got any advice?
Read more : Black Diamond crampon advice | Views : 2521 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Gear

To GPS or not to GPS...

I almost hate to start this... however, REI is temtping me again to get a GPS unit with the new "Sale" flyer in my mail box, so comments on the value of the unit or even carrying another piece of gear...do I want or need it???

http://www.rei.com/product/735607

http://www.rei.com/product/797251

So if either of these is helpful, how much more money do you spend for ...
Read more : To GPS or not to GPS... | Views : 5789 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Gear

"Similar" mountains in the world

Hello SP'ers!!

I don't know if this is the best place to open the topic, but I prefer open here than South America regional board, because more people can show another examples and similarities about rock formations or mountains in the world.

I have a good example about this research, showing two places of different continents: South America and Africa. In despite of these two continents were united ( all continents ), the coincidence is ...
Read more : "Similar" mountains in the world | Views : 2676 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558044 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634