It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:37 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Mammut Skywalker 2

Hey,

I'm looking to purchase a new helmet and while looking at them online found the Mammut Skywalker 2. Unfortunately, I could only find one review online and was wondering if anyone else has tried this helmet out. And what they had thought. Thanks for the help.
Read more : Mammut Skywalker 2 | Views : 1940 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

Vaccinations + Diamox

Two weeks ago I headed out to a vaccination clinic to pick up all my vaccines for Tanzania for my Kili/Kenya trip this summer. Picked up the essential: Yellow fever, hep A, malaria pill perscription etc. but it's bugging me as the nurse is absolutely adament about perscribing Diamox as she tries to sell it off as a be-all-end-all wonder drug to cure whatever ails you. At the time of my vaccinations she didn't have ...
Read more : Vaccinations + Diamox | Views : 2039 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General

LIVESTRONG Grassroots Fundraising

Hey all. My name is Craig and I have started a donation program with the Lance Armstrong Foundation that I call Hiking for the Cure. Each time I head up to bag some new ADK High Peaks or out to get some of the NE 4000ers, I will collect pledges for the fight against cancer. As I have done with my grandmother, I'm sure many of you have known someone who has battled this terrible ...
Read more : LIVESTRONG Grassroots Fundraising | Views : 814 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General

FS: The North Face Base Camp Duffel XL NEW!!

Brand new Yellow North Face Base Camp duffel. Yours for $105 plus shipping.

Read more : FS: The North Face Base Camp Duffel XL NEW!! | Views : 7970 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Gear

Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs

I was thinking of taking my mom to this area this weekend to hike. She is pretty fit for almost 60 years of age but she doesn't like to scramble - talus is hard on her knees, scree on any steep areas is out of the question because I'm concerned about her safety. Does the trek to The Wave have any of this along the way? I read it's about 2.5 miles but just wanted ...
Read more : Quick question re:hiking Coyote Buttes, Vermillion Cliffs | Views : 1897 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General

What a REAL CLIMBER does....

Just a replay to remind some out there what a REAL CLIMBER does when they are bored...go Solo something!
Read more : What a REAL CLIMBER does.... | Views : 6930 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Technique and Training

Mountaineering after a hip replacement?

I've been an Alpine mountaineer & scottish winter for about 25 years. Following pain in my hip it is looking possible that I'll need a hip replacement for Osteoarthritis. I hear stories about how quickly people are walking again after the operation but strangely they never mention mountaineering. Does anyone have experience of mountaineering after a hip replacement? I don't want to put my equipment on ebay just yet!
Howard
Read more : Mountaineering after a hip replacement? | Views : 14094 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Technique and Training

Dutch team to cross Antarctica on Kite Buggies

Hans Wijnand and Jacob Slooff from the Netherlands will attempt a kite buggy crossing of Antarctica in 2011-12 to celebrate Amundsen and Scott’s centenary.

They will start at Novo Base, head south for approx. 2300 km to the Geographic South Pole from where they will continue kiting in their buggies to Mount Vinson to climb the 4,892 m snow covered mountain. The team aims to cover approx. 3,300 km in total. Arjanna Slooff will join ...
Read more : Dutch team to cross Antarctica on Kite Buggies | Views : 1947 | Replies : 0 | Forum : News

Ultra light Climbing gear

I would like to start a discussion here about ultra light climbing gear and maybe later create a section on the Summitpost Gear.

The purpose is to identify the lightest gear on the market that perform also extremely well.

I will start with a few items which in my experience are in this category:

Rock gear:

Wild Country Super light rock nuts

DMM Phantom Screwgate carabiner

BD Vaporlock Screwgate carabiner

Mammut Moses wiregate carabiners

Mammut ...
Read more : Ultra light Climbing gear | Views : 10998 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Gear

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558014 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136574