It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:00 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

What have you given up for climbing?

I was thinking about this the other day.

A lot of us here have built our lives around the dream of climbing.

Juggling the other dreams we have too, of love and family and "success," whatever that means. But you can't help but recognize in yourself, at least I can't, that climbing gets a bigger seat at the table than it deserves, considering how many hours of life really get devoted to doing it. Why ...
Read more : What have you given up for climbing? | Views : 24925 | Replies : 126

Alaskan Adventure Documentary -TRAILER- Alaskan Adventure Documentary -TRAILER-

Hey everyone I wanted to share this with everyone. Its the trailer to a documentary I'm working on from a recent adventure. Shot on the 5D mark II. Below is the url link for more info.

My brother and I just got back from The Gates of the Arctic, Alaska in August and I filmed EVERYTHING! Once I have the full documentary finished it may interest some people because it has all the details ...
Read more : Alaskan Adventure Documentary -TRAILER- | Views : 2609 | Replies : 8

Mazamas 2011 Alpine Adventure Grant

I am trying to spread awareness of the following grant available from the Mazama Expedition Committee. If you are planning a significant climb or expedition for 2011 please take a look and consider applying.

Alpine Adventure Grant

This grant is for non-Mazama members and members alike.The goal of this grant is to promote adventurous climbing and provide resources for climbers to explore and attempt challenging climbs. While trips do not need to be at the ...
Read more : Mazamas 2011 Alpine Adventure Grant | Views : 2201 | Replies : 0

THANKSGIVING DAY TRAVELS

Are you going somewhere special? Will hiking/climbing be part of the agenda?
Read more : THANKSGIVING DAY TRAVELS | Views : 2439 | Replies : 6

Unknown mountains Unknown mountains

That pic was taken from Pointe Hëlbronner. Does anyone know the name and height of the peaks :?:

Read more : Unknown mountains | Views : 1047 | Replies : 1

Best climbing films ever

What are your favorite climbing films every climber should see?

Here are a few to get us started:

- True Grit
- Dosage IV
- First Ascent
Read more : Best climbing films ever | Views : 57393 | Replies : 66

First Ascent- Making it official

Silly question but...

A friend of mine and myself have been searching for possible first ascents (frozen waterfalls). we've done plenty of research and have found 0 documented climbing in some areas.

is there some way of making the first ascent official?
Read more : First Ascent- Making it official | Views : 3322 | Replies : 10

AAC Grants - some apps due January 1 - get yours in

The AAC gives out more than $50,000 in climbing grants every year to ALL types of climbers, and for ALL types of projects - rock, ice, alpine, expedition. Visit www.americanalpineclub.org/grants for more information and to download an application.

2011 Grants

* AAC Lyman Spitzer Cutting Edge Grant - $12k for elite endeavors by small, highly qualified teams. Deadline January 1.
* Copp-Dash Inspire Award - $20k in memory of ...
Read more : AAC Grants - some apps due January 1 - get yours in | Views : 1062 | Replies : 0

Freeze dried backcountry meals

Anyone know of a company that makes dairy free backcountry one-pot meals?
Can't do spicy either.

If the cheese packet is seperate, that would be fine.
Any suggestions welcome.
Read more : Freeze dried backcountry meals | Views : 3127 | Replies : 7

Climb to Fight Breast Cancer

Every summer, outdoor enthusiasts join together to ascend some of the world’s most breathtaking peaks in honor or memory of loved ones who have battled breast cancer. To succeed in the struggle against breast cancer we need your help and stamina. Join today and help raise funds to support our mission to find a cure.

Learn more about the peaks offered for the 2011 Climb to Fight Breast Cancer®. Mt Adams * Mt Baker * ...
Read more : Climb to Fight Breast Cancer | Views : 815 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558004 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136532