It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:14 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

tempatures in the ADKs for sept.

Just wondering if anyone knows the rough tempature in the ADKS for the month of September. I will be hiking Mount Marcy the first week of Sept. Thanks
Read more : tempatures in the ADKs for sept. | Views : 419 | Replies : 0

Ice bridge in the Weissmies normal route from Hohsaas

Does anyone can post a pic of it :?:
Read more : Ice bridge in the Weissmies normal route from Hohsaas | Views : 2657 | Replies : 9

Red River Gorge Climbing Videos

Since a recent trip to the Red River Gorge back in May I have been hard at work using my free time to edit all the footage i brought back. Below are the links to those videos and if you have any feedback feel free to spill your guts. Feedback has been helpful for me since I am new to video. I have more videos in the works so check back on my vimeo page ...
Read more : Red River Gorge Climbing Videos | Views : 2080 | Replies : 2

high water in the sierras??

I am thinking of doing some exploring of enchanted gorge and surrounded areas. Given the higher snow level this year I am a bit concerned about too much water in the canyon. Has anyone been in the area recently or have an indication of conditions???
Read more : high water in the sierras?? | Views : 1406 | Replies : 1

Climbing Charities

I'm thinking about doing a monthlong expedition and having friends and family pledge money to certain charities for miles travelled, peaks climbed, or meters climbed, etc. I am interested in using a website that would allow me to post a proposed trip and the charities I would like to help. Has anyone heard of a site that allows people to use an already planned mountain expedition to raise money for a good cause?

Does anyone ...
Read more : Climbing Charities | Views : 878 | Replies : 0

Part 2 of video from PA's highest point

A couple of weeks back I posted the first part of my video from Pennsylvania's highest point, this is part two.

Like I said before, I am doing these videos for a fundraiser, so you can ignore the first little bit. The rest of the video gives you an idea of the view from the top.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Summitupusa ... I8X7GUnZjI
Read more : Part 2 of video from PA's highest point | Views : 683 | Replies : 0

The Wildest Dream (movie)

Saw "The Widest Dream" in San Francisco last evening. It is very good , is low-keyed compared to most recent Everest t.v. and movie shows, and has outstanding views of the Second Step from different angles.I now think that in Noel Odell's last sighting of Mallory & Finch they were ascending the Second Step as he first thought.
Does anyone know whether Mallory had any pitons with him ?
Read more : The Wildest Dream (movie) | Views : 3555 | Replies : 9

“Giorgio Spreafico "Il prigioniero dell 'Eiger"

Does anyone know if Giorgio's book ('The Prisoner of Eiger') has been printed in English?
Read more : “Giorgio Spreafico "Il prigioniero dell 'Eiger" | Views : 2448 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558042 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136628