It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Planning a western U.S. roadtrip

So i am planning a roadtrip starting in washington going down to california and then back up through utah. I want to hit yosemite, bishop, redrocks, jtree, and indian creek. If anyone has camping suggetions, other good advice to help me on my journey i would greatly appreciate this!
Read more : Planning a western U.S. roadtrip | Views : 2930 | Replies : 12

Geocaching: What about it?

This is a prompt:

What are your ideas on geocaching?
If you do, why do you geocache?
In comparison to a climber's normal adventures, is geocaching a "child's" game?
Is geocaching just a game or can it be called a sport?
Is it possible to develop geocaching to a more "extreme" level, say, a cache 5 pitches up?
Should the Burger King toys be left out?
Is geocaching "alright"?
Read more : Geocaching: What about it? | Views : 2627 | Replies : 12

Almost met Gangolf

Dang; almost met Gangolf. See the photo discussion below :D :

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 263#360263
Read more : Almost met Gangolf | Views : 2568 | Replies : 8

Is this safe?

I hate to start another one of those "analyze this anchor" threads because they seem to drag on and on, on some other forums. This was posted as a repelling anchor. I found it while browsing another site and was wondering if it is a safe practice / or is the risk acceptable? Seems like a neat way to retrieve all your gear.

Read more : Is this safe? | Views : 10785 | Replies : 50

How to copyright photos

What's the easiest quickest way to do it for large amounts of photos?
Read more : How to copyright photos | Views : 4076 | Replies : 8

Arm Span to height

So I came across this image on the Site. Someone really bridging with both legs and arms maxed out. Then I realised it's not the same for me, as I seemingly have an inordinate arm span compared to my height.

Some years ago I discussed this with some buddies of mine. No matter who I measured, the most I've seen is +2" over height. However, my arm span is 6' 2", with a height of ...
Read more : Arm Span to height | Views : 12291 | Replies : 17

How to distinguish couger scat

I'm talking about mountain lion scat, please!

Occasionally I find large turds, made principally of hair, in areas where I know there are lions. However, coyotes leave very similar turds when their diets are mostly rabbits and rodents.

Do I have to break apart the turds to tell? The coyote turds have lots of small bones. I'm guessing those would be absent in the lion turds?

I've looked at books on the subject, and the ...
Read more : How to distinguish couger scat | Views : 57884 | Replies : 25

Grading Hiking Routes

May be the post is more interesting for European members, but I updated my Grading Hiking Routes article with the more and more popular and adopted Swiss (SAC) Scale. Would like to hear your opinion if something like it can become a standard on SP.
Read more : Grading Hiking Routes | Views : 2264 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557963 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136436