It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:33 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Krakauer's new book (2009)

Has anyone read Jon Krakauer's new book, Where Men Win Glory? What did you think? I think it's excellent. I just posted a short review here.
Read more : Krakauer's new book (2009) | Views : 7187 | Replies : 31

I need a good campfire story

Hey There!

We're taking a bunch of young-ins (8-10yrs olds) out for an overnight in a couple of months. I'm in charge of, you guessed it, campfire entertainment.

Do you have any good campfire stories, or songs? Would you be willing to share it? I've used up the two I know.

THANKS
Read more : I need a good campfire story | Views : 4038 | Replies : 14

Mallory book suggestions?

I am looking forward to the upcoming documentary about the Mallory and Irvine Everest expedition. I have read a lot of books on mountaineering but never about their story.

I know there are a lot of books about their experience on Everest, but what is the best suggestion? Maybe some more recent books after the body was found?
Read more : Mallory book suggestions? | Views : 3729 | Replies : 17

Everest climber helps avert Cat-astrophe

http://www.kxly.com/news/22230878/detail.html

"Animals are rescued in our community everyday, but on Wednesday a tiny kitten found perched high on a ledge on a bridge abutment was brought to safety by someone with a little bit more climbing experience than your average emergency responder."
Read more : Everest climber helps avert Cat-astrophe | Views : 12976 | Replies : 69

how to live like a dirtbag climber? redux

After thinking for awhile which forum to put it in btwn here and e,s,s I figured maybe here. If better there then move it. It was a good civil thread I had in the forum not to be mentioned and had good info and won't be brought back. Anyway let's do this. For lot's of poorer climbers dirt bagging is the way to good. What are some things people do to sacrifice other things? How ...
Read more : how to live like a dirtbag climber? redux | Views : 13885 | Replies : 16

Mount St.Elias film

i dont know how many know about it but i just found the trailer. it looks rele good. It was released in cinemas November 09

has anyone climbed Mount St. Elias? There is no trip report on sp. :cry:

http://www.mountstelias.com/
Read more : Mount St.Elias film | Views : 7135 | Replies : 15

Is This An Acceptable Top Rope Anchor?

Right - straight to it.

I have an opportunity to take a cute girl ice climbing for her first time.

Problem: As I don't have access to my gear in any reasonable amount of time I can only build my anchor out of what I have in my car's boot. Which means I have one 100 foot long piece of webbing, three quick draws, six biners and five locking biners.

The only place I have ...
Read more : Is This An Acceptable Top Rope Anchor? | Views : 9022 | Replies : 18

Home Bouldering

This is one of the coolest home bouldering movies I've seen this far!

Route to sofa 6a+
Read more : Home Bouldering | Views : 2326 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557963 • Total topics 55837 • Total members 136434