It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:51 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

physician climbers

Any docs out there who are heavily into alpine climbing? Medical student really in need of advice here...
Read more : physician climbers | Views : 12195 | Replies : 27

Suggest an interesting altitude study, now!

Your suggestion might (or might not) be used on Aconcagua in 2012.
Read more : Suggest an interesting altitude study, now! | Views : 14500 | Replies : 64

Found stuff

I found a gray harness and chalk sack and a digital camera on Sunday 9/20 at the Holcum Valley Pinnacles near Big Bear Lake, CA. Anyone missing these items can contact me through this website or email me at trishnal13@hotmail.com.
Read more : Found stuff | Views : 1463 | Replies : 0

is it bad

to lead on a single half rope?
on alpine climbs I've done this before on stuff I know I won't fall on, like 5.7. it's a 8.6 50M.
how hard is it to break a rope? this weekend I'm going in to do the serpintine arete. I don't want to carry 2 ropes for the 4-5 pitches that are 5.5 or so, becasue I don't want to carry them on the upper 4th class.
Read more : is it bad | Views : 3890 | Replies : 7

Other interesting quotes overheard by not so famous people..

I was climbing last weekend locally and was really hoping to see one of my climbing friend's partner try to get a second lead of this one route (not too many people are interested since its 5.13b R/X). He couldn't chaulk up so Matt was telling him "dyno for the chaulkbag". I though that was pretty cute
Read more : Other interesting quotes overheard by not so famous people.. | Views : 3812 | Replies : 4

jim bridwell quote

If I remember, I'll try to check The Quotable Mountaineer by Jon Waterman- I'd highly recommend getting it if you don't already have it. Maybe it's in there.
Read more : jim bridwell quote | Views : 2251 | Replies : 1

kiss tomorrow's productivity goodbye

this may be old news to some of us, but to those unfortunate - nay - deprived few - who have not seen it, in glorious retro-8-bit graphic splendor, comes:

SoloJoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq8RUfggPFM
and
http://www.solojoeclimbing.com/
Read more : kiss tomorrow's productivity goodbye | Views : 3960 | Replies : 8

Does anyone here live in Zermatt?

Maybe you could get a job as a tour guide for Americans/British? Not sure really. The language shouldn't be too much of a problem since a lot of people there speak English. Without Swiss citizenship it's pretty hard to get any sort of government job, which they probably don't have too much of anyway in Zermatt.
Read more : Does anyone here live in Zermatt? | Views : 15757 | Replies : 18

Where does Google Maps get their road data?

It's obviously not from a recent source, so I wonder how old the data hails from. For example, check out the southern end of Mt Nebo

When I was hiking along that ridgeline I couldn't even tell the trail at one time followed an old dirt road. I can't even make it out on the higher slopes in the satellite photographs!

There's a similar one for Mt Timponogos, although since it is labeled Mt Timpanogos ...
Read more : Where does Google Maps get their road data? | Views : 4011 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557977 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136471