It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Anatomy of a Weekend

Hi guys, this week I’ve been thinking about what makes up a weekend of adventure: patterns, consistencies, predictable emotions, etc.

I wrote about it here.
Http://www.foodwaterattention.com/feed/ ... -a-weekend

What makes up a weekend for you, no matter the adventure, near or far? I’d love to hear from everyone!

-Ted
Read more : Anatomy of a Weekend | Views : 2215 | Replies : 0

Assessment and selection of the weather forecast provider Assessment and selection of the weather forecast provider

How do we approach this? The situation is very different if you want to climb in the European Alps and when you are going to remote part of the Andes or Tajikistan.

I have read an article in the past explaining how different weather forecast providers use different approaches and techniques to provide forecast for specific regions and altitudes. It mentioned that some were not accurate enough (grid density etc) and therefore high risk to ...
Read more : Assessment and selection of the weather forecast provider | Views : 2304 | Replies : 1

First dog to attempt Everest

I just got an email from my friend Joe Thompson (from Eagle Colorado), who is at Camp II on the Nepali side of Everest. He is with an American expedition and has his dog Denali with them.

They arrived in Nepal on March 20 and are currently at Camp I and should be headed towards Camp II today. As far as is known, Denali is the first dog ever to attempt the Everest climb. Dogs ...
Read more : First dog to attempt Everest | Views : 8375 | Replies : 10

Denali in 2020

Looking for an 2-3 experienced climbers to attempt the West Buttress in late May 2020.

My experience is limited, but working on that. I took a 6 day Cascades Mountaineering Course with Alpine Ascents in Fall 2016. I have some rock training and climbs at Seneca Rocks, WV and Blue Mountains, Australia - 5.8. I summited Baker by Easton Glacier route with team and Adams solo. I have been to Everest Base Camp solo and ...
Read more : Denali in 2020 | Views : 4044 | Replies : 0

Climbing Survey

Hi Summit Post users,

It would be really helpful for me if you could fill out my survey. This will give me insight into how to best serve the climbing community with my project. Please fill it out if you have some time to spare.

h t t p s://cuboulder.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eIZCurq6rbKwNUN

(please remove the spaces)

Thanks
Read more : Climbing Survey | Views : 3535 | Replies : 0

Dingell Public Lands Bill

Hi all,

As I'm sure you know, Senate Bill 47 became law this week to a lot of fanfare. The Summit Post community no doubt depends on public lands for the hobbies we enjoy.

I wrote a piece about the climate implications of the package and would love your feedback.

http://www.foodwaterattention.com/feed/ ... -last-time

Thanks!
Read more : Dingell Public Lands Bill | Views : 2582 | Replies : 2

Climbing everyday? [ARTICLE]

What do you guys think?
Finger pains an issue? I think so, thats why
I don't do it anymore, and i was recently asked by friends about it, that's why i wrote the article.
would love to get some input from you guys!

Ah, and here is the article if you want to read it:
https://mountainknowhow.com/should-i-climb-every-day
Read more : Climbing everyday? [ARTICLE] | Views : 1930 | Replies : 0

Come join the Skagit Alpine Club Basic Mountaineering Course Come join the Skagit Alpine Club Basic Mountaineering Course

_instagram post (1).jpg

Skagit Alpine Club is a volunteer run community that hosts a Basic Mountaineering Course once per year!
The course runs for 10 weeks, April 13th-June 16th and includes in class practice and 8 weekend outings!
The course covers belaying and rappelling, ice axe arrest, rope team travel and crevasse rescue!
All this for $400 until March 13th! $450 from March 14th-April 1st.
Read more : Come join the Skagit Alpine Club Basic Mountaineering Course | Views : 2203 | Replies : 0

Could Alex Honnold have climbed back down to escape?

Saw the movie, found it pretty interesting to think about it, investigated further and wrote an article!

Hope you enjoy it :)

https://mountainknowhow.com/could-alex-honnold-have-climb-back-down-how-do-free-solo-climbers-climb-back-down/
Read more : Could Alex Honnold have climbed back down to escape? | Views : 4312 | Replies : 5

Trip Report Help

Any chance an admin could shoot me a quick message? Working on a trip report for Dhaulagiri and not used to the format on here. Also trying to figure out why its not coming up in the search.

Cheers,
Ryan
Read more : Trip Report Help | Views : 3389 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557950 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136411