It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:41 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Mexican topo maps from INEGI website

Has anyone had any luck buying maps off Mexico's INEGI website? My Spanish is rather limited and I can't seem to find a page which has topo maps. 'Catalogos de productos' has a bunch of books and references, but no 1:50,000 maps.

I know I can buy them in INEGI offices in Mexico, but I'd prefer to have them available beforehand so I can prepare a route plan of waypoints/compass bearings in case of whiteouts.
Read more : Mexican topo maps from INEGI website | Views : 4731 | Replies : 3

Orizaba - to rope or not to rope?

seems to be a fairly 50/50 split in opinion as far as I can tell. As it stands, my team is planning to do it without ropes...

Curious to hear thoughts of those that have done it it either way...especially in regards to the descent

cheers!
Read more : Orizaba - to rope or not to rope? | Views : 5071 | Replies : 8

Orizaba Itinerary

Here is my itinerary for a week long Orizaba trip this January or February. I just want to get some honest opinions, criticisms, and suggestions. Thanks

SATURDAY – Arrive in Mexico City & stay a night near the airport or bus station.

SUNDAY – Take cab to the bus station, then a bus to Puebla . Stay the night in Puebla.

MONDAY – Go back to the bus station and take a bus to Talachichuca. ...
Read more : Orizaba Itinerary | Views : 3107 | Replies : 8

Hikes & peaks near Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Sonora

My wife and I are looking at spending a few days in Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) on the Sea of Cortez, Mexico. I am aware of Pico Pinacate north of the city, but was wondering what hiking, if any, is available nearer the city itself? Websites all seem to stress the beach/hotel aspect of the city. Any neat little peaks or hikes in the area (say, radius of 20 miles)? It doesn't have to be ...
Read more : Hikes & peaks near Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco), Sonora | Views : 3879 | Replies : 0

Anyone hicked Ixta mountain in Mexico????

Next summer, I will attempt Ixta in July. I would love to talk to someone who hicked Ixta or Popocatepelt.
Hope to hear from someone!!
Read more : Anyone hicked Ixta mountain in Mexico???? | Views : 3344 | Replies : 7

Newbie climing Orizaba at the end of December

greetings all. Just want to quickly mention that I dig SP thus far, I've already picked up a lot of really good info.

As the subject indicates, I'm going to be climbing Orizaba in a few months. While I have learned a lot so far by reading through older posts, I feel like I still have a few more questions. Thanks in advance - I appreciate everyone's help

First, a few notes / comments / ...
Read more : Newbie climing Orizaba at the end of December | Views : 7476 | Replies : 22

Trips from Monterrey/ El Potrero

I was going to be in the area for a while and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for side trips to explore this part of Mexico? Looking for something that might make a pleasant few days.
Read more : Trips from Monterrey/ El Potrero | Views : 1710 | Replies : 2

Is it possible to climb Aconcagua with a guide in the summer

Is it possible to climb Aconcagua with a guide in the summer(June to August), is so which company has this service?
Read more : Is it possible to climb Aconcagua with a guide in the summer | Views : 2009 | Replies : 2

Gear for Pico de Orizaba

Myself and three others guys with limited (almost no) climbing experience, will be climbing Pico de Orizaba after Christmas. Any suggestions on gear needed for a climb like this? Planning on bringing crampons and ice axe, but didn't know if rope would be needed. Additionally, any suggestions on routes and use of the huts would be appreciated. The less gear we have to bring , the better. Thanks,
Read more : Gear for Pico de Orizaba | Views : 12143 | Replies : 15

2008-09 Conditions on Orizaba

How are the conditions on Orizaba? Anyone been up yet this climbing season? Please post updates. I'll be in the area with a group 8-16 Nov. Cheers!
Read more : 2008-09 Conditions on Orizaba | Views : 6786 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558053 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136649