It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Waypoints to Pico Orizaba north face trail

Can anyone share your waypoints to Pico de Orizaba summit???
From Piedra Grande to the summit by the glacier on the north face trail?
Some friends an I are planning to go up there by January 11-15,2006.
we will appreciate the info!
Read more : Waypoints to Pico Orizaba north face trail | Views : 1690 | Replies : 3

Re: Outdoor gear in Mexico

In DF you could try:

Rubens (in the centre)
Vertimania (in Mixcoac - south of the centre)
Campaventura (in Coyoacan)

In Valle de Bravo (a good rnr stop after Nevada de Toluca) theres a neat little shop owned by some guy who climbed Everest (if he´s off guiding and his Ma´s looking after the store she´ll probably proudly show you the photos!)
Read more : Re: Outdoor gear in Mexico | Views : 14040 | Replies : 1

Orziba partners

Planning to climb the mountain late this month. Looking for people to climb with/share costs.
oops on the spelling-
that would be Orizaba
Read more : Orziba partners | Views : 2684 | Replies : 9

Orizaba - true height?

I've seen it quoted as 5611m and 5746m. I'd be surprised if the latter were correct. Anyone know the truth?
Read more : Orizaba - true height? | Views : 2297 | Replies : 5

Re: another name for orizaba

I believe its called Citlaltepetl. Citlal is a star. From a distance the snow cap looks like a shining star on the horizon. Tepetl, or tepic is a hill or mountain. Any mountain that big deserves many names, it can be seen from many locations that speak different Nauhuatl dialects.
Read more : Re: another name for orizaba | Views : 4280 | Replies : 2

need partner for Orizaba

Hi, I'm looking for someone to pick me up in Iowa and take me to Orizaba. Ha! Well, if anyone is looking to partner up and split costs, I'm ready, probably looking at February to fly in though, but I will say the sooner the better. Climbed Elbert solo and looking for something higher, so if you are close and ready, let me know. Justin
Read more : need partner for Orizaba | Views : 5983 | Replies : 15

food on orizaba

just a quick question about food on the climb. is it easy to get food in tlachichuca (such as beans n rice, other dried food, etc.) or is it best to stock up in mex. city. also, is it possible to take food into mexico on the flight? it would be easiest to just take camping food in the gear bag, but i don't know if customs is going to take it. i figure its ...
Read more : food on orizaba | Views : 4213 | Replies : 11

Orizaba partners 12/05

anybody up for Orizaba either the week before Christmas or the week after Christmas? Othewise, I'll be soloing, and I'd rather not. I'm in Santa Ana, CA.
Read more : Orizaba partners 12/05 | Views : 9244 | Replies : 37

Volcanoes true height?

I'm finding numerous conflicting heights for the volcanoes around Mexico City. Anyone been there with a GPS recently? Or at least what is the "official" height of the big 3? Cheers!
Read more : Volcanoes true height? | Views : 8695 | Replies : 27

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136408