It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:55 am

News News of Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Site map of Mountain Medicine & Rescue » Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

Discussion of medical or rescue topics related to climbing and mountaineering.

Refractive surgery

I'm going to get refractive surgery. Anybody have any information about healing time and climbing. I plan to got to Cascades in May. Surgery before or after?
Read more : Refractive surgery | Views : 6402 | Replies : 2

Advanced rigging technique

Can anyone recommend any books that cover in-depth rigging technique? (rescue, mountain rescue, tactical, ships, etc.) I'm more interested in a book that covers the art and science rather than specific systems. Thanks.
Read more : Advanced rigging technique | Views : 4293 | Replies : 2

Catalog of Rescues, Deaths and Injuries

I have been logging injuries, deaths and rescues on my blog site, Hikerhell.com.

Looking for other hiker hell stories. So if you got injured, rescued, or, unfortunately, know somebody who paid the ultimate price for enjoying the outdoors, I would love to hear from you.

You can email me at brianquines@gmail.com.

You can also just check out the site and follow other people's stories.

My motto is, send hard, but ...
Read more : Catalog of Rescues, Deaths and Injuries | Views : 3379 | Replies : 0

HAPE on Cho Oyu

Hi all

I wanted to share with the summitpost community a horrible experience I just went through on Cho Oyu.

I wrote this piece for friends and family, so please be patient with the little explanations of what would be obvious to you or I (about what HAPE is and what AMS is etc etc).

So many people came back to me saying I should share this out with the mountain community. So here goes. ...
Read more : HAPE on Cho Oyu | Views : 6084 | Replies : 9

Notes from first time using Diamox

I´m doing some touristy stuff in Peru, anybody interested in the full report can watch my personal website for however long it will take me to put it together. I'm not planning to climb any notable summits so this trip probably is of little interest to the Summitpost audience. But I thought I´d share my Diamox experience for what that´s worth.

Skip this thread if explicit discussion of urination bothers you.

Oct 4, 9 PM: ...
Read more : Notes from first time using Diamox | Views : 44624 | Replies : 22

Completion of Search and Rescue Operation for Missing Hiker

For Immediate Release: October 2, 2011
Phone Number: (559) 565-3131 (office) or 559-679-2866 (cell)

Completion of Search and Rescue Operation for Missing Hiker in Kings Canyon National Park

The search and rescue operation for overdue hiker, John Williams, at Kings Canyon National Park has been resolved. John Williams hiked out on his own, in good health, and with enough food to complete his journey on Saturday evening, October 1, in Bishop, ...
Read more : Completion of Search and Rescue Operation for Missing Hiker | Views : 4479 | Replies : 1

Search and Rescue in Kings Canyon National Park

Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are currently searching for an overdue hiker in northern Kings Canyon. John Williams began his trip at the Bishop Pass trailhead on September 17, intending to exit back over Bishop Pass. The search is centered approximately 25 miles northeast of Grant Grove in Kings Canyon National Park. His anticipated itinerary included: Simpson Meadow, Tehipite Valley, Crown Valley, Blue Canyon, and the John Muir Trail between Evolution Valley and LeConte ...
Read more : Search and Rescue in Kings Canyon National Park | Views : 4497 | Replies : 0

Got leucine?

Here’s some research that indicates leucine supplements can help prevent weight loss at altitude.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 171215.htm
Read more : Got leucine? | Views : 3025 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557956 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136423