It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:42 pm

News News of Oceania and Pacific Islands

Site map of Oceania and Pacific Islands » Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.

Studying abroad in New Zealand(medically related)

This post is for myself and my girlfriend, more so for her. She is currently in medical school and has an opportunity to study abroad anywhere in the world and was thinking of New Zealand. She has to go for a minimum of 3 weeks and probably should stay near a bigger city. I'm going to be going with her for those 3 or so weeks and I like to bodyboard and hike and thought ...
Read more : Studying abroad in New Zealand(medically related) | Views : 2241 | Replies : 2

Any Climbing in Hawaii?

Does anyone know if there is any climbing in Waikiki, Hawaii? Bouldering, Trad, Sport, or Deep Water Soloing.
Read more : Any Climbing in Hawaii? | Views : 3875 | Replies : 4

New Zealand - glacier travel

Is anybody going to be (or is living in NZ) this Jan/Feb? We are looking for motivated individuals to join our rope team to make a safer 3 instead of 2. Our goal is to climb as many mountains as the weather will allow us.
Read more : New Zealand - glacier travel | Views : 2917 | Replies : 3

Mount Ruapehu Erupts

The mountain featured in The Lord of the Rings erupts. Short article here.
Read more : Mount Ruapehu Erupts | Views : 1971 | Replies : 1

New Zealand btw Sept-Oct

Hi guys. Italian mountain lover settled in Australia for some months is planning a 2 weeks holiday in New Zealand btw. Sept-Oct. Will I manage to find some partner who wants to enjoy with me that wonderful environment. No fixed plans so far. I'm prepared for proposals and, of course, for info about the best places, mountains which are most worth to be visited there.
Thank in advance
Herbert
Read more : New Zealand btw Sept-Oct | Views : 3245 | Replies : 13

Easy Snow Climb in Mt Aspiring or Mt Cook NP's?

I am looking for an easy snow climb to do around the middle of December in either Mt Aspiring or Mt Cook National Parks. I would like to climb a peak that requires an overnite before hand (camping ok) and we can get up and out in one day. By easy snow climb I basically mean a walk up - no ropes - on 40 degree max snow. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Read more : Easy Snow Climb in Mt Aspiring or Mt Cook NP's? | Views : 12785 | Replies : 32

Lanaihale - Lanai Island, Hawai'i

My wife and I are planning a trip to Maui in 2008, and hope to work in a side trip to Lanai Island and its highest peak, Lanaihale.

We are not rolling in cash so we need to plan our trip to Lanai with that in mind - no small feat given Lanai's reputation for being very expensive. We would appreciate any helpful information past vistors may have as we plan our logistics.

One plan ...
Read more : Lanaihale - Lanai Island, Hawai'i | Views : 4216 | Replies : 2

Moving to Hilo?

I may have the chance to live and work in Hilo. I have lived
all over the East Coast and California. How does Hilo compare.
Thanks for any help.

Lippo
Read more : Moving to Hilo? | Views : 2602 | Replies : 2

Ka'ala (Oahu) on 23 June

I'm in Oahu for work this week, and Ka'ala looks like a decent plan for Saturday. Would prefer to have a partner, but I know how these things often work. :D If anyone out there is interested, drop me a PM or post here!

(I know I'm supposed to use plans and partners, but if I never remember to look there, I hardly expect anyone else ...
Read more : Ka'ala (Oahu) on 23 June | Views : 1793 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504