It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:15 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

fires close hwy 20

http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficale ... 1440161527
I thought the news last night said Hwy 20 was now open, but DOT website says otherwise. Twisp to Newalem is a lot of road to close, even Winthrop shut down? Wow!
Read more : fires close hwy 20 | Views : 7472 | Replies : 10

Good Eats In Bend

Sorry for the lame post here. Can anyone recommend some good places to eat in and around Bend? We are looking for some good post hiking fare and some memorable dinners. I appreciate the expertise!
Read more : Good Eats In Bend | Views : 4430 | Replies : 4

1 week in WA-where to go?

Hello all- I thought i posted this question in the past but can't seem to find it. Anyways I am thinking about doing a week trip to WA in the last week of September. I'm looking for some good day hikes (15 miles or less). I'm ok with some scrambling but am not a rock climber. I'm more into some big time scenery in the Cascades/Mt Baker or Olympic. With 4 or 5 hikes available, ...
Read more : 1 week in WA-where to go? | Views : 6524 | Replies : 11

Ptarmigan Traverse, July 17-21 2015

Thought I would give a quick conditions update. Last time I did this was about five years ago with substantial more snow. This time quite the opposite. Personal preferrence would be for more snow rather than less.

Cache Col: straight forward, we didnt rope up but had axes and crampons. Little move from snow to rock at top, no big deal. Snow free from col to just below red ledge.

Red Ledge: healthy patch of ...
Read more : Ptarmigan Traverse, July 17-21 2015 | Views : 4156 | Replies : 2

Ptarmigan Traverse Transportation

I am looking to plan a trip through the Ptarmigan Traverse in June or July of next year. I will be going with two other people, and all of us will be 19. This presents a problem in that we won't really have the money to rent a car for that long with the added fees for renting under 25 (and we certainly don't want to rent two). Can anyone provide some advice as to ...
Read more : Ptarmigan Traverse Transportation | Views : 4387 | Replies : 3

Free maps, GPS tracks and KML files for NW peaks

Hello climbing friends,

You now have four less excuses for ever getting lost on most climbs in Oregon or Washington.
The Mazamas are a Portland Oregon based mountaineering and hiking organization.
On the Mazamas website you can now find, for over 50 of the most popular NW climbing routes:

1) pdf maps with the route redlined, 2) GPX track files for your GPS or smartphone 3) KML Google Earth files, and 4) exact latitude longitude ...
Read more : Free maps, GPS tracks and KML files for NW peaks | Views : 4076 | Replies : 0

Camp at Camp Muir

Id like to spend the night at Camp Muir this saturday. I don't plan to climb higher then Muir and i do have a climbing permit but not sure if i need a permit to spend the night and odds are getting one day of probably can't happen. Any help will do.
thanks

Brad
Read more : Camp at Camp Muir | Views : 3287 | Replies : 1

ALpine Lakes/Scottish Lakes Area

I have a trip to the Scottish Lakes High Camp coming up the first week of august. I'm trying to find some good climbs within a reasonable distance (probably 5 mile approach max) that are alpine climbs in the low 5th class range. I'll most likely be soloing, although if it's easy enough I might get someone to let me drag them up with a rope. I've been looking for stuff in the Larch Lake ...
Read more : ALpine Lakes/Scottish Lakes Area | Views : 2838 | Replies : 0

Mount Rainier Climb

Fellow Climbers!
I have a few noob questions, that I was hoping to get some answers to. Last year I hiked the PCT, and the most enjoyable part was climbing the mountains. Ever since then , all I've wanted to do is climb more mountains. I love it. I want to get into more high alpine climbing, and the mountain closest to me would be Mount Rainier. So, I want to summit Mount Rainier, but ...
Read more : Mount Rainier Climb | Views : 4724 | Replies : 4

Three Sisters Wilderness question: Green Lakes to Camp Lake

Hey all,

My wife are heading out on a two night trip through the Three Sisters Wilderness. We want to start from Green Lakes Trailhead and end at Pole Creek Trailhead, and bag a peak (South or Middle) sometime between the two. We have people to pick us up in the Pole Creek side.

I thought the Green Lakes trail went pretty much directly north, but pulling up my map, I see it heads northeast ...
Read more : Three Sisters Wilderness question: Green Lakes to Camp Lake | Views : 4338 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558021 • Total topics 55844 • Total members 136595