It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:33 am

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

North Twin Sister - North Face conditions?

I was wondering if anyone knows the condition of the north face of twin sister this late in the season? I have been wanting to make an attempt of the west ridge all summer but it has been pushed back over and over again. The glissade would be sweet, but i'm thinking it might be sketch by now.
any thoughts?
thanks
Read more : North Twin Sister - North Face conditions? | Views : 760 | Replies : 0

Help with Trip Planning

Long story short--I go to California for 2 weeks a year--Whitney MR, Conness, etc. 4th class ok, no ropes (have used but don't plan to on this trip).

Originally was going to do MSH, but after seeing the pics of NCNP, decided to head there. Am coming with people who like to fish, but will hike a little. On Friday we will do Cascade Pass/Sahale Arm. Saturday they will fish and I can do what ...
Read more : Help with Trip Planning | Views : 1803 | Replies : 2

Enchantments naming?

OK, this has bothered me for awhile. Washington folks probably know the Enchantment Lakes have two sets of names: the (lame) FS names and the Starks names. I really prefer the Starks names, but what lakes are called what by the Starks? I know Viviane, Freya, Bryhild, Reginleaf, Gnome, Rune, Talisman, Leprechaun, Sprite, and Ladgunn, but what are some of the others? Thanks.
Read more : Enchantments naming? | Views : 1547 | Replies : 1

South and Middle Sister

I plan on climbing South Sister and Middle Sister at the end of the week via their respective easiest routes - south ridge and north ridge via hayden glacier. Can somebody comment on conditions? Will I need crampons and ice ax for either routes?

Also, could somebody advise a good place to camp, preferably near or in Bend, on the Western side for easy access to the trail heads.

Thanks in advance!

ps - I'm ...
Read more : South and Middle Sister | Views : 2843 | Replies : 3

Mount Adams... Early Fall Conditions?

I'm wondering what conditions are likely to be found on Mount Adams in late September / early October of this year. I'm interested in non-technical routes... of course, crampons and ice axe are fine, but I prefer to climb solo and unroped. Naturally, my potential concerns anywhere in the Cascades would be rockfall, icy conditions, crevasse danger, avalanches, and road access.

I climbed Mount Shasta and Mount Hood in the spring last year and both ...
Read more : Mount Adams... Early Fall Conditions? | Views : 3143 | Replies : 6

First time in Oregon. Hiking suggestions

Hello everyone on Pacific Northwest forum!
My parents and I will take a week long trip around Oregon and possibly Washington. We are very much into dayhiking, preferably with some elevation gain and beautiful views. Although I like cross country hiking, my father prefers to stay strictly on trail (class 1) especially when carrying me. We plan to spend a day at Crater Lake, a day in the area around Bend, 2-3 days in Portland/Columbia ...
Read more : First time in Oregon. Hiking suggestions | Views : 3622 | Replies : 13

Fall Colors in Washington State 2010!

After showing the world that Washington can hold it's own when it comes to fall it is time for a repeat of 2009. We did an excellent job of truely showing how special the West Coast looks last year. This year is forecasted to be twice as good. You know where I will be this fall!!! Here is the album....

http://www.summitpost.org/album/653120/Fall-Colors-in-Washington-State-2010.html

Recommendations:

Mid September: Lyman Lakes and Lyman Glacier
Late September early October: The Enchantments ...
Read more : Fall Colors in Washington State 2010! | Views : 13590 | Replies : 41

beta for Mt. Jefferson and Three-Fingered Jack?

Hi all,

Since I've somehow become addicted to soloing the Cascades, would love some beta on Three-Fingered Jack and Mt. Jefferson???

MacKenzie
Read more : beta for Mt. Jefferson and Three-Fingered Jack? | Views : 5006 | Replies : 8

La Crosse Basin

Heading there next week - anyone been up recently - snow? Beta on up and over Fisher's Notch from White Creek? Thx.
Read more : La Crosse Basin | Views : 645 | Replies : 0

Possible PAC NW Aug/Sept Skiing?

Hey all up north,

Yes It sounds crazy, but I am looking for some skiiable snow. I have from Aug 27-Sept 3 off and would like to go on a little road trip up north. The main goal is to ski something, be it some backcountry or maybe go to timberline lodge on hood, just to make some desired turns.

We will be doing some hiking and climbing on the way up and down on ...
Read more : Possible PAC NW Aug/Sept Skiing? | Views : 1310 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634