It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:58 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Baker still in good shape

Did the Easton on Baker taking two nubies on a glacier. Never been on this side, but expected more crevases open but not much of a problem. Enjoyed it with friends.
Read more : Baker still in good shape | Views : 1133 | Replies : 1

Mt. Hopper Fire

FYI, I was up on Mt. Stone in the Olympics yesterday and the Mt. Hopper Fire has now closed the trails in this area. Once on the summit ridge I could see the plumes of smoke but it seemed like the wind was going the other way. Once up on top of the false summit though, the flames were up on the ridge extending over from Hopper and could be seen. Then the wind shifted ...
Read more : Mt. Hopper Fire | Views : 770 | Replies : 1

Gib Ledges Question...

How difficult/possible/necessary is it to protect the traverse across the ledges? I assume no rock pro, but guessing some ice screws in the right conditions would suffice?
Read more : Gib Ledges Question... | Views : 1701 | Replies : 3

Looking for routes along the PCT

Planning a backpacking trip. ~50 miles / 5 days. I'd like to do as much of the PCT as possible but I'm looking for a loop if possible, because shuttling is pretty much out of the question. I'd rather not do an out-and-back if it can be avoided. Anyone have any suggested routes they've done or that might be possible to do? (north Oregon or Washington no further north than Rainier)
Read more : Looking for routes along the PCT | Views : 2943 | Replies : 10

Shuksan - Fisher Chimneys conditions

Thinking about giving the chimneys a go on Thursday/Friday - any idea about current conditions? Last reports I saw were from over 2 weeks ago indicating that there was a substantial amount of snow lingering in the chimneys and on the summit pyramid. Anyone catch a glimpse of the route recently?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Read more : Shuksan - Fisher Chimneys conditions | Views : 1882 | Replies : 1

Luna Peak, Picket Range

Looking for as much information on this peak as I can get. To my understanding the only established route up the peak is the South East Ridge. I've been inspired to try and establish a new route. The North West Ridge has sparked my interest. Some of the things I'm looking for are.....

Photo's of the NW Ridge!
Any photo's depicting good angles of the peak's geography would be appreciated.
Topographic map of the area ...
Read more : Luna Peak, Picket Range | Views : 984 | Replies : 0

Loking for a new route on Rainier

My brother and I have summited 3 times, twice via DC and once on Ingraham direct. We are looking for a different route to try at the end of the month and are curious what would be good this time of year and slightly more challenging. I have looked at the Kautz glacier and Fuhrer finger routes and they are intriguing. What are some thoughts. We are open to suggestions, but looking for something just ...
Read more : Loking for a new route on Rainier | Views : 2155 | Replies : 3

Mount Adams Ski Conditions?

So... I have not been up to Adams this year and I think I wanna go next weekend,or the one after that. I am thinking the SW chutes for a decent. Anyone been up lately a skied back down?

I guess what I am asking is: is it worth bringing my Splitty up or will that just be a waste of energy for a shitty couple hundred feet of sun cup snow hell. I am ...
Read more : Mount Adams Ski Conditions? | Views : 2310 | Replies : 1

What to expect with Rainier glacier conditions this month?

A few of us are making it out West this month with Rainier in mind. Just wondering how the warm summer treats those glaciers this time of year on Rainier. Will screws or pickets be the likely anchor of choice on the glacier? Most seem to recommend screws from what Ive come across but some of those pictures posted on the trail make the terrain seem quite loose.

Also, has anyone done the DC recently? ...
Read more : What to expect with Rainier glacier conditions this month? | Views : 1957 | Replies : 9

Green Lakes/Broken Top conditions?

Anyone been up there this week? Any snow left at Green Lakes? Or on the route up Broken Top? Any info. on current conditions would be much appreciated!
Read more : Green Lakes/Broken Top conditions? | Views : 2121 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558045 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634