It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:28 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Yellow Aster Butte Page

A few weeks ago, suddenly and mysteriously, I found myself to be the owner of the Yellow Aster Butte page. I know there is some drama surrounding the SP member AlpenDave and from what I can gather, all his pages were redistributed to other members. I have just finished renovating the page and also added a route description. I would appreciate any ideas for how it could be further improved. Thanks for looking. -Adam

Read more : Yellow Aster Butte Page | Views : 1362 | Replies : 3

Mount Hood on New Years Day! (Cancelled waether)

Okay, who is game for Hood on New Years Day provided the avy danger and the weather are good! I will probably be going for the Old Chute if all works out. Anyone game?????
Read more : Mount Hood on New Years Day! (Cancelled waether) | Views : 7173 | Replies : 28

Adopt Ball Butte page

I know this isn't where to normally post this, but hoped I'd attract the attn of some of you Oregon/Bend SPers to adopt my Ball Butte page. I'll probly never go there again....

You can find it on the Pages for adoption page:

http://www.summitpost.org/list/239857/pages-up-for-adoption.html

or at its own page:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/283072/ball-butte-.html

PM me. Although i don't know how to get elves to switch it.
Read more : Adopt Ball Butte page | Views : 1033 | Replies : 1

Rope classes offered in Portland?

Is there a place in Portland that teaches rope courses, for rescue? Same with ice pickets/screws. It's one thing to carry rope and tools on the mountain and another to know how to use them.

Thanks,
Paul
Read more : Rope classes offered in Portland? | Views : 2612 | Replies : 2

Ice in the PNW?

I'm relatively new to the area and I was wondering where I can get some moderate water or alpine ice and when it comes in. I'm itching to do something over the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm not sure where I can get my ice fix. Any ideas?
Read more : Ice in the PNW? | Views : 14121 | Replies : 30

Mount Hood Conditions

Has anyone been up Mount Hood recently? I'm searching for information on current climb conditions and routes. Thanks, Paul
Read more : Mount Hood Conditions | Views : 3665 | Replies : 7

Banff Film Festival

Banff Mountain Film Festival coming to the northwest.Get info here. Better than watching the rain.
Read more : Banff Film Festival | Views : 1145 | Replies : 2

Pickets Traverse

anyone who has done both the traverse on the west side (perfect pass to pickett pass to picket pass) and the east side traverse (challenger arm, down to luna lake, over the southeast peak of fury to pickett pass) which side is a nicer route?
the beckey guide mentions steep heather slope traversing for the west route, (miserable).
it looks like if needed the southwest peak of fury could be skirted by dropping down a ...
Read more : Pickets Traverse | Views : 5418 | Replies : 17

Free Mountain Hardwear Stuff at Seattle Store

Stop by Mountain Hardwear's Seattle store from 11/25 - 11/30 for a free hat, dome, cap, balaclava, beanie, or headwear item with a purchase of $100 or more.

This is to celebrate the one year anniversary of the location. You must be an Elevated Rewards member, and can sign up for membership on the spot.

More details are here: http://mountainhardwear.com/events.aspx

Full disclosure: I work with Mountain Hardwear, and thought ...
Read more : Free Mountain Hardwear Stuff at Seattle Store | Views : 1054 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498