It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:37 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Any fisherman out there?

I am looking for suggestions on places to camps/fly fish as I journey from Shasta up to Hood this May. Never been to Oregon, but I'd like to catch some trout or salmon since I built in a few days to enjoy the scenery on the way up. Right now, I'm looking at the rogue. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Matt
Read more : Any fisherman out there? | Views : 1301 | Replies : 3

SP Member Don Bowie touring PNW with K2 show

SP member, Don Bowie http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=39048 is coming to the PNW.
He is touring with a live multi-media presentation on his successful ascent of K2. Should be very cool! :D

I'm helping him with his Vancouver & Squamish shows next week (Nov 24 & 25).
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=173010729473&ref=mf

He will also be coming to Portland around Dec 8th and is looking for a good venue. Any suggestions from the ...
Read more : SP Member Don Bowie touring PNW with K2 show | Views : 2433 | Replies : 8

Rainier

What are the risks associated with climbing Rainier this time of year besides deadly weather. I might have a chance next week and wondering what to prepare for? all you hard core experts have probably done it this time of year.
Read more : Rainier | Views : 6089 | Replies : 8

PACIFIC NORTHWEST SP PAGES AVAILABLE

Greetings SP members in the Pacific Northwest!

SP member Alpendave has expressed his desire to no longer contribute and maintain his current pages at SP. Out of consideration for other member contributions, he asked that I find new owners of the pages rather than just delete them.

If you are interested and taking over any of these pages, just let me know with a PM. Feel free to PM me directly.

ALPENDAVE'S PAGES CAN BE ...
Read more : PACIFIC NORTHWEST SP PAGES AVAILABLE | Views : 2353 | Replies : 3

What to do now?

This year I learned to follow on rock, then I learned glacier travel, then I learned to lead on rock, and I became confident at leading easy stuff in September. All I've wanted to do is get out there and climb something. But the weather has been constantly hindering me- I am not going to drive 2 hours to climb on wet, dangerous rock, and glacier travel is over. I don't know how to ice/winter ...
Read more : What to do now? | Views : 2862 | Replies : 12

Local author writes Climbing Fitness book!

Mike Layton, a local new-route hardman just released the last (latest?) word on climbing fitness. It is a must read for the aspiring alpinist. Get a copy!
http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Michael+A%2E+Layton/idesc/Climb+Stronger+Faster+Healthier%3A+Beyond+the+Basics+%2D+First+Edition/Store/MG/item/115043/N/0
Read more : Local author writes Climbing Fitness book! | Views : 1133 | Replies : 2

Bend, Redmond and Prinville Areas...anyone know the areas?

I apologize if this is on the wrong forum....and if it needs to be moved please do so.

We may be relocating to the Bend/Redmond/Prineville areas of OR. I have been researching it and trying to get as much info on what the area would be like to live there.

We never ever thought we would maybe live in Oregon....but it may happen. Is it true if you live on the East side of the ...
Read more : Bend, Redmond and Prinville Areas...anyone know the areas? | Views : 5119 | Replies : 6

best range/mountain for september ???

Hey !

I'll be in washington state next summer for 2 classes with AAI, and after that i want to stay a bit in the mountains...any idea what is usualy in good shape at this time of year ? I want to do alpine stuff(glacier, ridge, northfaces), but if there is nothing at this time of year i'll just head to yosemite...any advice ???
Read more : best range/mountain for september ??? | Views : 2084 | Replies : 5

Hiker missing near Granite Falls

GRANITE FALLS, Wash. – A 59-year-old Seattle man who left Oct. 27 on a camping and hiking trip near the Mountain Loop Highway has not returned.

He was expected back Monday.

His car was located near French Creek Trail, about 41 miles east of Arlington in a heavily wooded, remote area.

A search was launched Tuesday morning.

Story.
Read more : Hiker missing near Granite Falls | Views : 3257 | Replies : 1

Hood in late march?

I am planning a trip to Shasta and Hood sometime in the spring. wondering how the "typical" snow/conditions are for late march/early april for a Hogsback ascent. Is it better to wait until later in the spring? I know it all dependson the year, but I need to purchase airplane tix now to avoid high costs later. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your time
Read more : Hood in late march? | Views : 5831 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499