It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:58 pm

News News of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.

Mt Adams October 3rd.

Anybody up for climbing Mt Adams Saturday October 3rd. I am planning to head down there tomorrow afternoon from Kent/S. Seattle Area. Have a dog, but need a climbing buddy. I've climbed it before.
Read more : Mt Adams October 3rd. | Views : 1582 | Replies : 0

Artist Point, Mt Baker

NWCN just said Artist Point is closed for the season because of snow accumulations and forecast for more.
Read more : Artist Point, Mt Baker | Views : 1864 | Replies : 0

Fall colors in Washington State 2009

A number of people back east have called me to tell that fall foilage in Washington State is garbage compared to back east. We know differently and it is time to give Washington State the props it deserves. I have setup an album to show the east coast and the world the best we have. But I will need your help as the fall season unfolds.

If you have great fall shots put them up ...
Read more : Fall colors in Washington State 2009 | Views : 7088 | Replies : 18

PNW in Oct

So business may take me to Seattle around the weekend of 10/24. I'm sure the weather can vary, but any thoughts for a fun climb? I could be free friday afternoon through the redeye sunday night.
Would be up for anything from 5.7ish trad to Rainier (again) and anything in between. North ridge of Baker has some appeal...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Read more : PNW in Oct | Views : 7009 | Replies : 15

Colin Haley - Portland, OR - Oct 2nd

The Mazama Expedition Committee hosts Colin Haley for a presentation of his 2009 ascent of two 6,000 foot routes on the North Buttress of Mount Hunter, Alaska - the Bibler-Klewin (AKA Moonflower Buttress) and the harder but less-known Grison-Tedeschi (AKA French Couloir). Colin is a Patagonia Climbing Ambassador and has exploded onto the alpine scene lately with numerous major achievements. For a sneak peak of the show check out Colin’s blog post.

Read more : Colin Haley - Portland, OR - Oct 2nd | Views : 1496 | Replies : 0

10/6 & 10/7 Events with AMGA Guide Dawn Glanc in PDX and

Mountain Hardwear stores in Portland and Seattle are gearing up for a couple of great events at the beginning of October.

AMGA Guide Dawn Glanc will be here in the NW for two different evening events: http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Athlete.aspx?id=40

First, in Portland on Oct. 6, see a screening of "Icy Road", Dawn's story of winning the women's division of the 2009 Ouray ice festival. She will be there to tell you ...
Read more : 10/6 & 10/7 Events with AMGA Guide Dawn Glanc in PDX and | Views : 1587 | Replies : 0

MT HOOD national Forest - weather in OCTOBER?

Hi All,

I will be out Portland OCT 14-19 and will be spending two/three nights in the Mt Hood national forest and would like to complete the Timberline trail that circles the park...FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE what night time lows could I see around middle of October? How are the trail conditions - Ill be going ultra light but would like a heads of for any special needs situations..

THANKS Y'ALL

TR
Read more : MT HOOD national Forest - weather in OCTOBER? | Views : 6769 | Replies : 6

Darrington

How are the conditions at Darrington recently? Anyone been to Three O'Clock Rock or Green Giant Buttress? I was looking at maybe Safe Sex or Dreamer.

-Mark
Read more : Darrington | Views : 1440 | Replies : 2

Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2009

Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2009

The mission of the Northwest Mountaineering Journal is to be an edited, permanent, annual record of mountaineering in the Pacific Northwest. The journal documents the events, people, history and spirit of climbing and other mountain sports in this region. The journal is published by volunteers from the mountaineering community in collaboration with The Mountaineers. The 2009 issue of the journal is now available. See:

http://www.nwmj.org ...
Read more : Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2009 | Views : 1894 | Replies : 3

Anyone interested...

Dave,

I've sent you a PM.
Read more : Anyone interested... | Views : 2048 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499